MTBNJ Short Track Race #2

Thanks for the hours of hard work put in to make this happen everyone! Glad I made it to this one, although still fighting off the remainder of the cold that knocked me out last week. Course conditions were much better than expected and fast, despite myself being slow and dismounting for the log and rocks after the first climbs. Looking forward to the final two if I have the days off.

That was tons o' fun. Thanks for all the hard work on the course! Rumor has it that was a metric crapton of shoveling. And Utah said he nuked his blower.

Hard work was beyond appreciated. I had a great time today. Nice to put faces to names on the board.

wow iggy got my good side

better sign up now folks, no way that once word gets out we won't fill this. amazing work fellas.

Man that was fun, I have to say that while I was optimistic that the course would be good to ride and not deadly icy...in the end it exceeded my expectations. 100% worth a few broken snowblower parts and hours of shoveling IMO. Some of those turns developed some killer lines by the end. Thanks for coming out everyone!

Thanks for the pic Iggy

Great job with the course! You guys put in a lot of effort to make it happen. Thanks for all of your efforts!!!! It was a ton of fun!!!

Huge thanks for the massive effort to hack a course out of the snow.

Fun time was had despite the skills/fitness reality check. That was not surprising, I'll shoot for second to last next race that I'm in. (#4)

Lots of encouragement from everyone out there. :)

W

AMAZEBALLS! There was zero meh, 100% yeh this morning. The rest of my day is ruined. Nothing else compares to what y'all pulled off. Mebbe coffee, but it's neck-and-neck. MTBNJ.com is dead. Long live MTBNJ.com!

I found these on the road near the parking lot... Anyone?

Attachments

• 20150308_185708.jpg
    20150308_185708.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 196
What a great time today. Where do I start? My son decided to come to the race with me AND and race himself too. Just sharing this with him made my day (he's 14 and not really much into biking). The rest of my family joined us a bit later to cheer us both (and riders in general) so that was very nice too.

I was a bit worried about the course being too tight and/or icy since my son hasn't been riding at all but it was really pretty safe to ride thanks to the efforts of all the mtbnj crew (even during the race). Thanks a lot for that!

I had a fun race always having someone to chase or being chased. Just before finishing the official last lap I was preparing to try to fend off Jim--who also thought we had one more lap--but as it turned out the race finished right there and ended up 2nd for a few seconds.

Looking forward to next Sunday!

AMAZEBALLS! There was zero meh, 100% yeh this morning. The rest of my day is ruined. Nothing else compares to what y'all pulled off. Mebbe coffee, but it's neck-and-neck. MTBNJ.com is dead. Long live MTBNJ.com!
This, this, and a thousand times this. My coffee was NOTHING compared to this. (but then, it was Dunkins, the definition of meh)

BTW Sean, you totally made me laugh when you passed me and said, "Oh, it's you again! Hi!" <3

I've spewed all over FB, but I can't thank you all enough for the massive effort you put in to this. Hauling out from Manhattan for a 40 min fun pre-season race might seem a little much to some, but this was 100% worth it. For those of you with sore backs and busted snowblowers and used up headlamps, thank you. Your work was very much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom