MTBNJ Picnic-A success story

bozizle

Thanks

This was a great event for the site and it was nice meeting so many good people. I was amazed at the effort everyone made to make the event a great time and tons of great food! It was nice meeting so many people and having a chance to ride with a few as well. I look forward to more events in the future and riding with some of you on the trails.

Thanks again Shaggz, Norm, Jake, and Jersey Girl Rides! :D :D

Oh and thanks to Pixy Chick for dragging us slower people around on a small loop

walter

Fourth Party
Good times

What an awesome day, the weather was great and there was an incredible turnout. It was nice to meet so many people as well as catching up with the usual suspects. The food, the drinks, the conversation, all good times. Cant wait to the next gathering.

Sean, did you actually make it to your room, or did you sleep in the hallway? Also, were there any functions going on in Mo-town that you just invited yourself to?

Great job to everyone who took the time to put this together!!!

Shaggz

A strong 7
Thanks to everyone for coming out. I would conservatively estimate that we had well over 100 people throughout the day, and it was great to see so many families there! I know we keep saying this, but you folks are what make this site what it is, and I am glad to be able to put some real names and faces to the on-line personalities.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
What an awesome day, the weather was great and there was an incredible turnout. It was nice to meet so many people as well as catching up with the usual suspects. The food, the drinks, the conversation, all good times. Cant wait to the next gathering.

Sean, did you actually make it to your room, or did you sleep in the hallway? Also, were there any functions going on in Mo-town that you just invited yourself to?

Great job to everyone who took the time to put this together!!!

i made it all the way into my hotel room and even to the toilet before lightening my load. i did a pretty good job of it too as there was no evidence to speak of on floor or rim this morning. no functions that i noticed unfortunately or i would have been in.

Wazu

Sean, I enjoyed your company a ton. We could have a blast on the trails. Nice beer choice too! Too bad I misplaced the bad boy with a few swigs left in it. I took like 8 swigs from it and all 8 times the froth volcanoed all over. It's like I don't know how to drink. Hope to hit a trail or two soon with ya. I'm not usually a drinker after rides but with your guidance I could learn. Have fun out there!:)

D

DANSPANK

Good job Mtbnj.com crew! Great turnout and, as said by everyone here, it was great putting faces to screen names. I'm sorry I couldn't stick about longet but I had to go and watch England loose in the Rugby! Bugger!

See some of you on the trails and the others at the Christmas do. Hey, were there any hob nobs left? Oaty, yet chocolately - tasty!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
wazu, the expression on your face when you took that first sip was a highlight of the event. we'll definitely have to get out and do some rides. in contrast to my performance yesterday, i actually don't drink very often at all, and the friday, when i sampled two beers, was the first time i had drank in nearly a month.

J

JerseyGirl

Definitely a big THANKS goes out to all who organized the picnic. It went off very nicely. Enjoyed the group ride very much as well as the good eats. The best part was obviously the good company. Can't wait till the next gathering.

ryderX

Awesome day, perfect weather, good company. Spectacular wings ! Who made them ? Very cool fianlly placing names with faces. Anybody know where I can geta cheap set of replacement training wheels ? My son is still traumatized.
See ya...

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Awesome day, perfect weather, good company. Spectacular wings ! Who made them ? Very cool fianlly placing names with faces. Anybody know where I can geta cheap set of replacement training wheels ? My son is still traumatized.
See ya...

oh yeah...i owe him $6, don't i? :D

xc62701

i made it all the way into my hotel room and even to the toilet before lightening my load. i did a pretty good job of it too as there was no evidence to speak of on floor or rim this morning. no functions that i noticed unfortunately or i would have been in.

Nice!!! So I was really the winner! Getting in at 2:30 was fun and I held my liquor. I did get home watch a little TV and then pass out for the night on the couch. I awoke suddenly to see the clock at 7:34 knowing that I had to get my stuff together to meet up some friends to ride near Kingston NY. Mashing the pedals for 3 hours with a wicked hangover wasn't fun. So I took some Tylenol and drank more and I felt better :) We need to do the Morristown thing more often!!!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
we definitely need to do it more often. especially now that i know it's only about 18 miles away. totally ridable. good job getting out there and riding. i puked, but no hangover, so i think it's a tie. :cool: :rolleyes:

f2f4

Awesome event! The food was great, and the ride was great too. I'll have pictures to post soon.

I'd definitely be down with a Christmas event too, if we had one.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
This really was nice. Great to finally put some faces with the names, all sorts of terrific food, good vibes all over the place.

Thanks to everyone who worked to make it happen and to everyone who attended, for making it a great day.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
See ya...

If you are talking about the wings sitting on the grill that showed up later in the evening, they were made by the fine people at Wings To Go in Hoboken. Under my supervision of course.

I'll be at all future picnics, and hopefully earlier. Nice meeting all of you.

Mare

Fun!

It was really nice to meet so many of you on Saturday! Although I didn't get to talk to everyone, I hope to do so and ride with more of you in the future.

Thanks for organizing this and I look forward to more events like this...yes, a Christmas party would be fun!

NJ Jess

Great time

I totally agree with all the attendees,...It was a Great time! I loved watching Jake climb that hill on a SS, but watching Ryder X (Kirt) steal his kids training wheeled bike to go "down" the hill was Awesome. Especially when his kid gave him a kick to the shins and a piece of his mind,...hilarious!

Ronzndu4sp really had the best shirt (mtbnj) but even better sauerkraut.

Elzoller provided the best mexican food this side of Texas,...how did you make the gusada? (ps,....nice swimsuit)

Kirt- nice pictures, sorry I didnt get to hang with ya much

Wazu - hear the sub was terriffic,..must have been,...It was gone when I went to stang a piece. The cookies were a nice consolation prize.

It was wonderful to meet so many of you. Hopefully we can improve upon last years Christmas party (Anrothar, Jason, Army of None, and myself) It will be really cool fun.

Oh, I cleared my mail box too. Thanks for the emails!

Last edited:
Top Bottom