MTBNJ NASCAR Fantasy League

A few people mentioned interest in joining a fantasy league, so I started one on Yahoo! Sports.

IF YOU WANT TO JOIN, YOU MUST SEND ME your email in a PM and I will send you an invite to join the group.

The rules are simple: join the group, pick a team name, and pick your drivers.

You get 2 drivers from the "A" list (one active, one on the bench), 4 from the "B" list (2 active, 2 bench) and 2 from the "C" list (active, bench).

You get qualifying points for all drivers on your roster for that race, and race points for the drivers in your Active spots. You can ACTIVATE each driver only 9 times per season (drivers can be benched all year if you want).

You have to pick your drivers prior to the start of the race. You will receive emails reminding you to pick drivers for qualifying and racing. You do not have to pick drivers week by week, but you get stuck with whomever you picked from the last race if you don't change them before the deadline.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Standings Week One

The results from Week One are in:

1st: Drive for 5 is Alive (sircrashalot), 268 points
2nd: sharp racing (shrpshooter), 236 points
3rd: Spinnin Wheels (JGR), 202 points

Anyone who wants to join in can still do so, just PM me your email for an invite to the group.

Next race: the Auto Club 500, Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA. Deadline to join group and set your roster is Feb. 20 at 5:00 a.m.

Last year's winner was Carl Edwards, can he go for two in a row?

Or will Nascar call the race too soon to know??? :mad:

I thought they made the call too early for Kenseth to take Daytona. I don't have anything against Kenseth, but given Florida's fickle weather patterns, I thought they could have given the drivers another 10-20 minutes before they called the Superbowl of NASCAR with 48 laps to go. I didn't have the wherewithal to follow through on the weather patterns for Daytona post-race to see if waiting for a verdict would have improved the chances of other drivers to win.

The Fontana race will go for 250, no weather delays. Gordon and Johnson are the best drivers there, historically. I'll see how practice goes before I make a prediction, but Johnson looks good for the win or at least a top 5 here.

Sircrashalot

I thought they made the call too early for Kenseth to take Daytona. I don't have anything against Kenseth, but given Florida's fickle weather patterns, I thought they could have given the drivers another 10-20 minutes before they called the Superbowl of NASCAR with 48 laps to go. I didn't have the wherewithal to follow through on the weather patterns for Daytona post-race to see if waiting for a verdict would have improved the chances of other drivers to win.

The Fontana race will go for 250, no weather delays. Gordon and Johnson are the best drivers there, historically. I'll see how practice goes before I make a prediction, but Johnson looks good for the win or at least a top 5 here.

I made the mistake of watching some post-race & checking the radar. It did pour for a short time, but by 9pm there was DW doing interviews with a bone dry racetrack (dry without anyone trying to dry it) in the shot behind him. They easily could have & should have gotten the whole thing in. I wonder if economy factors or something in a TV contract, etc. played into it?

Well...I am gonna resist the temptati0on to smacktalk since I am leading the points....since it's only been one race :D

I made the mistake of watching some post-race & checking the radar. It did pour for a short time, but by 9pm there was DW doing interviews with a bone dry racetrack (dry without anyone trying to dry it) in the shot behind him. They easily could have & should have gotten the whole thing in. I wonder if economy factors or something in a TV contract, etc. played into it?

Well...I am gonna resist the temptati0on to smacktalk since I am leading the points....since it's only been one race :D

I am not sure a TV contract would override the race. FOX makes enough in revenue from carrying the 500 to make up for any preemptions of other programming. Daytona started waaaay later this year than in years past. We plan our dinner around the race every year and were thrown off by the change in stage time. If the race had started at 1:30 as it has in prior seasons, we would have seen a much different finish line up, I am certain.

No smack talk until the chase it set! But if anyone cares to make it interesting, wagers not involving cash money or favors involving nakedness will be entertained :) (ie, loser pays for hot wings and beer or washes the winner's car, etc.)

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
lol sounds good to me, but since we only have 3 in this league idk as thats gonna make it all that much more interesting i mean the other two groups im in have 8 and 10 people :D

and ims till running in the top 1/3 of each group :D

im SOOOOOO happy to have something to do on sunday afternoons again :D :D :D

Sircrashalot

Hmmm how u running in the top 1/3 when I AM the top 1/3rd. Hahaa I am gonna milk this while I can! Even though this is a Nascar thead we are on an Mtb. website so I think any side stuff should be riding related...losers drive to trail of winners choice for a group ride, bring all the drinks & gel paks & buy food/beer for the winner after kinda thing maybe?

Too bad we only have three people...can't really go asking any of the shops on here to sponsor a goodie for the winner of a contest with almost no interest except for us 3 hicks!! (No offense to the lady) :rolleyes:

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hmmm how u running in the top 1/3 when I AM the top 1/3rd.

i meant the other groups :p lol

Hahaa I am gonna milk this while I can! Even though this is a Nascar thead we are on an Mtb. website so I think any side stuff should be riding related...losers drive to trail of winners choice for a group ride, bring all the drinks & gel paks & buy food/beer for the winner after kinda thing maybe?

Too bad we only have three people...can't really go asking any of the shops on here to sponsor a goodie for the winner of a contest with almost no interest except for us 3 hicks!! (No offense to the lady) :rolleyes:

ummm yea that would be fun, but im not old enough to buy beer :cry: and am on a limited travel range (maybe 1 hour from home) and can only travel during the summer :( but as long as we can work with that im in :D

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
yea i was kinda dissapointed, i wanted to see gordon win one, its been soo long for him lol

Top Bottom