mtbnj KVSP group ride, 12/22

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
sorry for the last minute ride and i aplogize for crossing up the goat herders.

where: KVSP, goodale road lot
when: tomorrow, 12/22
wheels down: 7:58 A
duration: 1-2 hrs, conditions permitting

if you have to use permission to do this as a christmas gift, do it. conditions were primo today and based on the forecast, tomorrow morning should be pretty darned close in terms of temp. i'll be riding the SS mary. a geared hardtail would be dreamy as i slipped out on climbs and more or less had to not do them. no biggie. as brett reported, it's free-ride mania!

you will also get to meet norm. :D

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Indeed, I am in. Going to pull out the geared HT for this ride.

Sounds like fun!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just talked to Woody, who is in. And Brett and Sean are in. So that's 5.

Bring your battle ax. :getsome:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Why? Just blow off whatever it is you swore on your life to do.

walter

Fourth Party
She specifically asked me, and I said yes before I had read this thread. I need to be here until mid morning at least.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Damn, stupid responsibility. Too bad you won't be able to tape money to your rear end and be pillaged by the Mini Whores.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
great ride fellas! again, super fun! thanks to the head goat rider for joining along with his henchman #1, mr. anrothar.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
good time! thanks for putting the ride together jake. i'll post my gps info in the other thread, since this is only part of it, but i had around ten miles in kvsp and here sre some of the pics we took there:

norm's an animal. his pedal guts broke before the ride even started, so he rode the whole way on his pedal spindle. kept a pretty good pace too.
2129212580_f88fd486ef.jpg

2128434747_e794c55a22.jpg

jake playing in the snow
2128434537_e876157727.jpg

the group
2128434423_8c5117dea7.jpg

jake, woody and i played on the dock dropoff a bit. unfortunately, woody's photo didn't come out(didn't capture him in it anywhere). he launched and landed it smooth as hell though.
jake launching
2128433939_734cde1a07.jpg

jake landing
2129212174_5e8984747a.jpg

my fashionable self launching. i managed to completely sketch out on the landing twice. nose dives both.
2128434095_4a7588cafe.jpg

woody exiting blue
2129212766_32b3a0ef49.jpg

walter

Fourth Party
Good stuff guys, glad you all had fun. Wish I could have come up.

I still cant believe you guys are a little over an hour north of me and the snow you guys get. I just picking up dog poop in my yard, no snow here at all.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good stuff! I took some pics of the carnage which I may post in a bit. KVSP is really fun and fast right now. Jake was right on with his assessment yesterday.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
They did really well. Sean had the weirwolf (sp?) and said his hooked up well too. They're both very low profile tires. I slid out a few times but never bit it so all in all, solid. But these snow conditions are kinda unique, at least to me. The top 1/2 inch or so is crunchy and probably good for most tires.

Top Bottom