MTBNJ Jersey

P

pdm362

I tried doing a search to find MTBNJ jerseys but I didn't find anything useful. Does anyone know if MTBNJ sells jerseys? If not is anyone interested:hmmm:? With enough people I think we can order some and then it wouldn't be so hard to find other MTBNJers at events:D. I would sew on my screen name:cool:

Paul

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We have team jerseys on order, for the team. We thought about askign if people were interested but with the amount of $$ we needed to lay out, it became prohibitively expensive.

But if you're interested, PM me and we can discuss.

Anyone else as well. If you're interested in sporting the MTBNJ jersey, shoot me a PM and we can discuss further.

Shaggz

A strong 7
paul, we have been talking about jerseys, but since our team is not clad yet, the rest of you will have to wait :D.

the "problem" with jerseys is that there is a 5 plus week lead time, minimum order numbers and we would need firm commitment and hard money up front from anyone interested.

the best i can tell you is if anyone is interested, please post up here. there are no guarantees we can do this this year. if this does work out, understand that if you want one, you will have to pay the cost up front. of course, we would post pics to help you make a decision.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll take one. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
there's a couple custom t-shirt websites out there - have you considered those or are you trying to do a bulk order and stay local with the tshirt/jersey maker? the mark up would probably make it much more expensive than usual for the end consumer, but you could get them out through that kind of site... they do offer a sport 'micro-fiber' line...

for example - i just did this in about five minutes... nothing special i know... but just to give you an idea.

shirt.jpg

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We used a commercial jersey maker (Champion Systems) that several teams in the area use. I think Marty's uses this company. It's got sponsor logos and has been scientifically proven to make you go faster.

Maurice

They gave me a sharpie and a white t-shirt. Used. Both. Now, nobody wants to talk to me, kids throw rocks at me, stray dogs flee whimpering.

;)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes, probably 20. I wish someone would buy them.

Maurice - you should feel special. Most of the team had to share a sharpie.

"Will Bike 4 Food"

Wobbegong

We used a commercial jersey maker (Champion Systems) that several teams in the area use. I think Marty's uses this company. It's got sponsor logos and has been scientifically proven to make you go faster.

I head up our charity cycling team at my Job (Shell Oil/Motiva). I used Champion Systems for our Matchy Matchies for the past two years and can only say good things about them. They did the Van Dessel stuff. Min. order is 20 pcs. with an approx. 50% deposit up front. Their prices are fantastic (around 45 bucks a Jersey) and the quality is quite nice. I just got this years design in the mail yesterday. It took them around 4 weeks from proof approval, but they say it could be 6-8 weeks.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Our minimum order was 10 pieces. They must hate you and your charity.

I assume you never dealt with Ed?

We're on at least 5 weeks now, maybe 6-7. We ordered like $4000 of stuff, and it seems like you got your proof later and your product faster.

That does nothing to help my already abysmal opinion of them. I've never dealt with a worse sales rep than the guy they gave us.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
of the 20 jerseys you have left - do you have any idea of what sizes are still around? are they fitted jerseys or normal tshirt-type things?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
of the 20 jerseys you have left - do you have any idea of what sizes are still around? are they fitted jerseys or normal tshirt-type things?

we have 20 T-Shirts left. jerseys will be available (when they are actually done) at both Halters and Cycle Works. they will be in very limited numbers so act fast! i think most of them are "club" cut. we felt that would work best for most people.

by the way, for those of you following at home, if you do manage to get your hands on one of these jerseys, the likelyhood of it being a collector's item are HIGH (no, it probably won't fetch babe ruth rookie card type dollars, but...). it could be the fiirst and last of it's kind. next year's jersey could be VERY different.

norm, steve (and i guess parties 4 & 5) check the new thread to arrive shortly.

Wobbegong

Our minimum order was 10 pieces. They must hate you and your charity.

I assume you never dealt with Ed?

We're on at least 5 weeks now, maybe 6-7. We ordered like $4000 of stuff, and it seems like you got your proof later and your product faster.

That does nothing to help my already abysmal opinion of them. I've never dealt with a worse sales rep than the guy they gave us.

Your right, looked at my paperwork and 10 is minimum.. I had 20 in my head somehow. Havent dealt with Ed, I had Evan. Always quick to answer, no problems at all. I guess they hate you more than me and my charity. ;)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Damn Ed!

Seriously I'm going to request a new rep if we stick with this company for next year.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I head up our charity cycling team at my Job (Shell Oil/Motiva). I used Champion Systems for our Matchy Matchies for the past two years and can only say good things about them. They did the Van Dessel stuff. Min. order is 20 pcs. with an approx. 50% deposit up front. Their prices are fantastic (around 45 bucks a Jersey) and the quality is quite nice. I just got this years design in the mail yesterday. It took them around 4 weeks from proof approval, but they say it could be 6-8 weeks.

I'm not sure if Trek uses Champion for any of their other team clothing, but the Fisher 29er Crew kits were ready super-fast:D

-Jim.

Wobbegong

I'm not sure if Trek uses Champion for any of their other team clothing, but the Fisher 29er Crew kits were ready super-fast:D

-Jim.

I might use DJ Lance from Yo Gabba Gabba for inspiration in my next year design. I just need to work out the fuzzy hat. :D

Shaggz

A strong 7
is that a one-eyed french tickler next to the dude in the fuzzy cap? this can't be for real :rofl:

Top Bottom