MTBNJ Group Ride: Stephen's, 8/10

Shaggz

A strong 7
The 5th installment of the MTBNJ THS will be at Stephen's State Park. Stratocaster will be leading this ride, and he has put countless hours getting these trails ready for the upcoming JORBA fest. This should be a great ride, so hope to see a lot of faces out there.

This will be on SUNDAY, August 1oth, and start time will be around 8:15. THS guidlelines will be in effect, and pace and distance will be based on the group. Steve or I will follow up with meet location and more details.

Please RSVP in this thread.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As an aside, this is a great opportunity for us to get a Trail Directory page up about Stephens, as well as some GPS data and a map. The parking location would be a big help to be able to map this before this ride.

rayder

have a great time

I've had the good fortune of getting a tour of stephen's from stratocaster and had alot of fun some hidden trails I would have never found. unfortunately I can't make this one as I will be in mexioca on my honeymoon. so have fun

EpicRidr

I'm in

Maybe my son too. We're having a party that Saturday. This'll be good incentive not to swill too many beers.

hooples3

Is there any trail information about Stephen's on this site? I looked in the trail directory but didnt see it listed there.. Any info would help Thanks

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
with an 8:15 start and this more or less in my backyard, chances are i'll be there unless there is something going on that i know nothing about.

C

cwernecke05

im in i this will be my first time up there so if anyone could help out with where yall are meeting and maybe someone would have some instructions for me to get there from mcguire afb. thanks for the help

Shaggz

A strong 7
im in i this will be my first time up there so if anyone could help out with where yall are meeting and maybe someone would have some instructions for me to get there from mcguire afb. thanks for the help
I *think* this is correct:

1. Proceed West on Route 80
2. Take Exit 25 Route 206 North toward Newton
3. Merge onto Route 206 North.
4. At the Second light after the merge, turn left onto Waterloo Road
5. Drive along Waterloo Road 3 miles -- past the Boyscout Camp and
under Route 80. About 1/4 mile south of the Route 80 underpass, there
will be a small lot on the left side of the road. Park there.

If you want to use your GPS or mapping program, use the following
Address:

10 Kinney Road, Stanhope, NJ 07874

Parking and such.

Yes the dirt lot by the Musconetcong river will do fine. I'll show the alternate parking options during the ride. This is considered by me to be the Tilcon area. As opposed to the main Stephens entrance or the Budd lake area.

I did alot of mid-summer brush back during the last few weeks and things look good. We'll do lots of twisty single track, a few climbs some nice rolling descents and a scorcher dh run and the Blue Rock trail!

See ya there!

word133

I'm in. Rode deer park for the first time last weekend. And it would be great to get a tour of stephens park. Are we meeting where shaggz posted?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
hey, just to inform if you haven't done this ride you are going to be pleasnatly supprised, this place is awesom and strats been doing an outstanding job!! don't forget to take a swim in the lake it's perfect treat after a great ride.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
hey, just to inform if you haven't done this ride you are going to be pleasnatly supprised, this place is awesom and strats been doing an outstanding job!! don't forget to take a swim in the lake it's perfect treat after a great ride.

That is why we are showcasing Stephens during the JORBA Bike Fest. We can only give you a flavor of the park due to time constraints, but you will definitely love the park. Steve has done a great job bringing Stephens back!

TonyC

I've never been to Stephen's Lake. Sounds like fun..
Count me in and my tall friend.

see you Sunday.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I'm 90% in. This must be a seventh dimension fantasy ride though cause the Stephens I ride is woefully unprepared for flopfest:rofl:

Top Bottom