MTBNJ Group Ride: Stephen's, 8/10

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm 90% in. This must be a seventh dimension fantasy ride though cause the Stephens I ride is woefully unprepared for flopfest:rofl:

oh, if you're going, i have to be there.
clearance from the boss: check.

in.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
If you wanna see me so bad WHY NOT CALL ME FOR ONE OF YOUR FREAKIN ROAD RIDES:mad2: Yall are gonna be cleaned up by mile 3...............:D

C

cwernecke05

hey guys im comin up there tomorrow and have never been there before. i think i found the parking lot that everyone is talking about and i have the gps cords. in case im not at the right spot would anyone mind pming me their phone number in case im not at the right spot tomorrow. thanks and much appreciated

J-Dro

I'm gonna crash this party too. Looking forward to checking out Stephen's. Probably bring along a friend or 2 as well.

C

cwernecke05

these are the coordinates that i got. does anyone else know if these are right for the place we are meating

40 54 41.28 n
74 46 08.86 w

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
AWESOME ride today! thanks to steve for sherpaing this huge group through Stephens. what an awesome place to ride! there are so many great, great sections of trail. some of the single track is super flowy and just awesome.

i will most certainly be going back and doing some more exploring in there!

J-Dro

Yes, a great ride indeed. Something like 25 riders showed up for Strat's deluxe tour of Stephen's. Remarkably, the only mechanical problem of the day was caused by yours truly when I lost the quick link from my chain.

GPS link is below. Did we really reach 32.6 mph max speed? I guess that was on the looooong fast DH about 3/4 of the way through the ride (Tally Ho?). Lots of fast flowy trails at Stephen's. Honestly, not what I was expecting.

It was great to finally meet a few of the peeps from mtbnj like Jake and Shaggz, both of who are better riders then they give themselves credit for.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6477404

Last edited:

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Thats 2 "flowy"s in a row, so i must take the time to say that 95% of this park it moto designed. When stuff is burned in at 20 to 30 mph its just better. Please be kind to your "powered" bretheren for all they've given you......

Not So Fast

Lost my puter

Thanks to Steve for guiding this Band of Hooligans. And double thanks to Steve and Alex for showing us that treat:D.

Anyone find a Bike Planet computer in the parking lot?

Tony great to see you after these after a few years. Hope to get out there with you again. Rich

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
Awesome, just awesome. I really could not get over how many people showed up today, some from as far as Texas :D. Maybe name tags next time :hmmm:?

I know everyone says it, but it was great to put faces to screen names. I think Jeff has been my E-Friend for almost 3 years, and I finally met him today. I'm not sure if that is a good thing :p Some old friends showed up today, too, like the the Webbers & Alex.

You owe it to yourself to get out and ride here! Between the motos and Steve's reclamation work, this place is ear-to-ear grins. It is too early to suggest that this has surpassed MD as my favorite place to ride, but I can not wait to go back.

Thanks again to Steve and everyone else who made it out today.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Jake has some photographic evidence, but here are the names I remember.

Roll Call:
Strat - Steve F
Shaggz - Steve M
Bonefish Jake
Sparta Brad
Tony C
Glenn, GDM1
MTBDawg Jeff
The Webbers
The Addases
Matt from Bulldog
Stan Le Cupp - Alex
Hardtale Brett
Metal Dork Dave
George D
Not So Fast (you said you were there, but I don't know who you were)
TKR
Cwernecke5 Colin
AJ
Matt "MST.ESQ" Tamasco
Epic Rider
Guy from Bergenfield

Who else did I miss?

Last edited:
A maps perspective...

Everybody was great!

I'll vouch for NotSoFast.... He was there... lol.

Attachments

• Stephens Festival Loop ride 8 10 08 resize.jpg
    Stephens Festival Loop ride 8 10 08 resize.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 131

MST.ESQ

Great ride. Thanks again to Steve for the tour...

Maybe name tags next time :hmmm:?
At the last group ride someone (???) mentioned cereal box license plates with our screen names. Maybe we can get some in titanium or carbon fiber for the weight conscious :)

TonyC

Jake has some photographic evidence, but here are the names I remember.

Roll Call:
Strat - Steve F
Shaggz - Steve M
Bonefish Jake
Sparta Brad
Tony C
Gregg
MTBDawg Jeff
The Webbers
The Addases
Matt from Bulldog
Stan Le Cupp - Alex
Hardtale Brett
Metal Dork Dave
George D
Not So Fast (you said you were there, but I don't know who you were)
TKR
Cwernecke5

Who else did I miss?

Steve, "Strat" great ride and great leader. Thanks for showing us your trails.
Some great fast single track and nice climbs. Oh and that long downhill towards the end was a rush. Got to get a Front shock :cool:

Shaggs,
You missed my tall friend. GDM1 Glenn from www.getoutsidemore.com
also, I can vouch for "Not So Fast" "Rich" I was chatting with him.

Btw, where the heck did you go?

Tony

C

cwernecke05

hey guys i had a great time ridin with all yall. im the one from texas. i would like to appologize for the guy that i brought with me. i hope he didnt piss anyone off with his complaining about the trail, i think he was just tired and frustrated with himself. hope yall all welcome me back to come ride with yall again.

J-Dro

hey guys i had a great time ridin with all yall. im the one from texas. i would like to appologize for the guy that i brought with me. i hope he didnt piss anyone off with his complaining about the trail, i think he was just tired and frustrated with himself. hope yall all welcome me back to come ride with yall again.

Your friend was so funny.

20 minutes into the ride: "This place is awesome. Mountain biking is the best sport ever!"
2 hours into the ride: "I think I'm going to die!"
:rofl:

TonyC

Your friend was so funny.

20 minutes into the ride: "This place is awesome. Mountain biking is the best sport ever!"
2 hours into the ride: "I think I'm going to die!"
:rofl:

It was kind of funny. He was so happy and was right in the front with us until he started to get pissed on all the climbs. We've all been there and know what's going on in his head. Tell AJ to keep up the riding it will get easier.

This is the last climb :rofl:

Shaggz

A strong 7
Brad & I peeled off towards the end. We did that long climb, then the the lollipop onto some freshly cut ST, and then y'all climbed to the left where the trail split. Our wives are get along, but after the 3.5 hour mark, they start with the "where are they" calls, and, well, you know....

"i would like to appologize for the guy that i brought with me. i hope he didnt piss anyone off with his complaining about the trail, i think he was just tired and frustrated with himself. hope yall all welcome me back to come ride with yall again."

Thanks for coming out. I remember you had a PU, but what were your names? Your buddy sounds just like me :rofl:. Hope to see you the next time around.

Sh*t Tony, the "Gregg" on my list is really "Glenn". Too much Chianti last night.

OK, I believe that Not So Fast was there, but who the hell was he? Was he the skinny guy with the sleeveless jersey?

Top Bottom