MTBNJ Group Ride: Chimney Rock, 8/2

Hey everyone, it was great to meet all of you for the first time.... as for me being my first time doing Mt. Biking all I have to say is AWESOME!!! loved every bit of it (including the roots and rocks all over) and definitely looking forward to another Mt. Biking adventure. If anyone here has a Facebook account I'd like to create a group so we can meet up and setup more rides if not MTBNJ is cool too!

Hey everyone, it was great to meet all of you for the first time.... as for me being my first time doing Mt. Biking all I have to say is AWESOME!!! loved every bit of it (including the roots and rocks all over) and definitely looking forward to another Mt. Biking adventure. If anyone here has a Facebook account I'd like to create a group so we can meet up and setup more rides if not MTBNJ is cool too!

1st time? You are brave then for going there! And you had fun and lived to tell? Even better.

1st time? You are brave then for going there! And you had fun and lived to tell? Even better.

Yeah... good thing I didn't fall, one of my friends did take a nice fall but he's doing good... no scratches :rofl:

Would it be easier if the next ride began at 8, or does the early start deter people? My guess is this will go 50/50, but I will do what works best for the majority.

Mare45: Agreed. Sounds like a 50/50 proposition. Great job, by the way! Had a blast and was glad to meet all of you.

hooples3 said:
also to the guy who is trying so desperately to break his Trek so that he can get a new bike. If you are interested in coming to brooklyn to check out the Marins just shoot me an email

hooples3: Looking at the Mount Vision in Medium (probably). I will get try to get out to the shop in August when things slow down here at work.

MrWebby said:
After witnessing some of the nice bike setups we had in the group, a few of us Latinos jokingly realized we were the only ones sporting Mongooses...mmmh.

MrWebby: You guys can demo my Trek 4500 as hard as you want on the next ride. If you break it - you keep it - I go home and cry to my wife - and I get to go buy my new Marin Mount Vision...:D

MrWebby: You guys can demo my Trek 4500 as hard as you want on the next ride. If you break it - you keep it - I go home and cry to my wife - and I get to go buy my new Marin Mount Vision...:D

Setting a goal is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible. At least you have your goal...now to work on it. We are here to help!

you cannot break a trek 4500 . I saw people jumping 4 feet to a flat ...it made from oversized aluminum bars – you can only ruin the parts... those bikes are designed for the mass market so there is less wait saving consideration .

arrange someone to steal it - I suggesting myself ;)

although the ride was awesome , yesterday I looked on my bike , they looked on me and we headed towards Hartshorne for a 15 miles fun ride ...

mere-the people demand the photos ! where are they ?

hope seeing you guys soon !!

you cannot break a trek 4500 . I saw people jumping 4 feet to a flat ...it made from oversized aluminum bars – you can only ruin the parts... those bikes are designed for the mass market so there is less wait saving consideration .

although the ride was awesome , yesterday I looked on my bike , they looked on me and we headed towards Hartshorne for a 15 miles fun ride ...

I was out there too on Sunday. It been my third time at Hartshorne, it was freakin' awesome!!!!

leave it unattended at a train station. guaranteed to be gone when you get back!

pics are above. take a look! there's not too many, but at least there's the large group one.

DOOOOD, I used to ride a Mongoose Zero-G...However, the new Mongoose's are SICK!

I've seen the new Mongooses. Have not ridden them but they look overwheight. I'd expect their high end models to be on the heavy side too...I mean, what could you expect from a brand whose main outlet is the Walmarts and K-marts?

Old school is new school and new school is so old school.

I'll tell you about old school: I ride a '96 Proflex 656 with a long and shallow stem and straight handlebar. And the elastomers (the yellow sponges) for a suspension.

It seems that if I did I'd go home with a herniated disc and you with an dirty, but otherwise working Trek 4500.

Here are a few pics from Sunday. There's a big group shot, the group getting smaller, and a few happy folks at the end...

Mare: there's a "Insert images" button in the post compose form. It's yellow and has a landscape ad sun drawing. No need to enter in magical code :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oh! It says I have to enter the URL though. What if I don't have the pics anywhere and just want to upload them from my computer? Is that possible?

Oh! It says I have to enter the URL though. What if I don't have the pics anywhere and just want to upload them from my computer? Is that possible?

aha! ok then you'd still have to attach the image then copy the resulting link and use that as your URL...(right-click or control+click in mac then select "Copy link...". That will copy the URL) Paste the URL.

aha! ok then you'd still have to attach the image then copy the resulting link and use that as your URL...(right-click or control+click in mac then select "Copy link...". That will copy the URL) Paste the URL.

Thumbnails seem so functional and user friendly now.

Back
Top Bottom