MTBNJ Group Ride: Chimney Rock, 8/2

antgold

My fixation with Hartshorne will come to an end tomorrow !
consider me in .
I might asppear before the time ad wonder around befroe you guys show up.

Mare

My fixation with Hartshorne will come to an end tomorrow !
consider me in .
I might asppear before the time ad wonder around befroe you guys show up.

Fixation with Hartshorne will never end! You just need a new place under your belt. CR is fun, but Hartshorne is a classic. :)

Glad you can make it!

Mike679

I'll most likely join up w/ you guys. Was originally heading up to Diablo tomorrow for the day, but the weather's looking a bit sketchy in the afternoon and I didn't want to blow all that money on a rental and lift ticket and not get a full day of riding.

Anyway, I'll probably do some riding starting at 8:00 am or so and then meet up w/ the group. Newman's Lane, correct?

Mike

Mare

I will ride as long or as far the group wants to. If it's too much for some, we'll loop back to the lot to relieve people of their riding duties.

If you plan to stick it out, count on about 2 hours. Mileage depends on the group's pace. Maybe 10 miles? It really can be anywhere from 6 - 12 miles...

Yes, Newmans (or Neumans) lot.

Shaggz

A strong 7
this looks like it will be a decent size group, Mare you should lead more rides :D. It would be great if someone would take some pics.

Mare

this looks like it will be a decent size group, Mare you should lead more rides :D. It would be great if someone would take some pics.

I'll lead more. Let's see how tomorrow goes and maybe we can plan something regularly. If there was more time, or if people want to hurry and pack some extra stuff, bring a camp stove, food, drinks, etc. and we'll BBQ after. Or bring any snacks to share and I'll bring the frisbees!!!!

I'll bring my camera too, but someone has to remind me to take pics!!! Knowing me I will forget it in the car.

MrWebby

Fixation with Hartshorne will never end! You just need a new place under your belt. CR is fun, but Hartshorne is a classic. :)

A classic indeed (Hartshorne). I've been trying to go there on Sunday afternoon for the past three weeks but we've gotten some of the worst storms of the season! If this Sunday is ok I might go...

R

reidonius

Can anybody give directions to Newman's Lot? If I just head up Chimney Rock Road from Rte-22 will I see it?

walter

Fourth Party
Can anybody give directions to Newman's Lot? If I just head up Chimney Rock Road from Rte-22 will I see it?

from 22, up chimney rock road to the light, at light make left then left onto Newmans lane. Lot is down on your left

crashcanipe

any clue which direction you will head out?

I plan on being there but i may be running 5 minutes late depending on whether my 8:30 chiropractor appointment runs late. Yeah, I know, kind of defeats the purpose - go to a chiropractor and then go bounce along a bunch of rocks.

Barry

walter

Fourth Party
This ride may turn out to be more of a party than expected. Rumor has it the LBS is sponsoring a GT demo weekend in the Newmans Lane lot.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This looks like it's going to be a blast. Sucks that I'll miss it. Have fun everyone.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
This ride may turn out to be more of a party than expected. Rumor has it the LBS is sponsoring a GT demo weekend in the Newmans Lane lot.

Walter,

Tell me more, my freehub decided to take a powder after Wed. night at 6-mile. I think I got it where it will make it through another ride, but I'd rather thrash someone else's bike till my new Easton's come in. :D Any idea when the demo's will be there?

Thanks,

Tim

Mare

I plan on being there but i may be running 5 minutes late depending on whether my 8:30 chiropractor appointment runs late. Yeah, I know, kind of defeats the purpose - go to a chiropractor and then go bounce along a bunch of rocks.

Barry

It's a Friday night and I am on here when I didn't expect to be. Yep, I am a party animal.

Not sure which way we will head, but I hightly doubt we will roll at 9 on the nose. Just get there as soon as you can...you'll find us :)

Top Bottom