MTBNJ Fundraiser

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey all, let me interrupt your busy day to clue everyone in on a little fundraiser we're doing this week. Due to the rising costs of fuel, shipping the electrons across the wire to your PC isn't as cheap as it was just a few short minutes ago. So we need to turn to the users and ask for a help. Those of you who bought t-shirts and openers at the festival and picnic, we thank you! But we're still showing red for 2008 and 2009 doesn't look to get any less expensive.

We have 2 packages, both named MTBNJ Large! The 2 highest bidders at 5:00 pm Friday get the goods. The point of this exercise is to raise a little money to fund this little corner of the Internet that we all love to spend time on. After the auctions we will be posting up single shirt and opener sales but as of right now all we have to offer is the Package listed below. What you get:

1 large 2008 MTBNJ t-shirt
1 large 2007 MTBNJ t-shirt
1 large 2008 JORBAfest t-shirt
1 orange MTBNJ bottle opener
1 blue MTBNJ bottle opener
1 pair of toe warmers
2 Accel Gels (chocolate)
1 good feeling

Starting bid: $25. Post here or send me a PM if you would prefer it be a silent bid.

Note: If you want to drop a dollar or five or a hundred to help the cause, please PM me and I'll let you know how you can help.

Thanks for playing!

Last edited by a moderator:

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
I bid nothing!!! Bunch of shortists on this site, obviously!!!

Man, us environmentally friendly, resource conservative short people are always getting screwed by the Man!

I'd like to donate though - PM sent.

mwlikesbikes

For just pennies a day you can feed a family of electrons for a year. So won't you please donate. (Sarah McLachlan plays in the background).......:p

But seriously, I have no idea what it costs these great guys to run this site but I know it can't be pennies a day. We've created a nice little community here 'cuz of Norm, Steve, & Jake. They each do the work of 10 men while holding regular jobs & raising families. If we can all give a little it'll go far.

I've already got all 3 shirts & the opener so I'll just donate and get a trip on the karma train.
I'll PM ya Norm.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
in case anyone is concerned, we in the mtbnj.com think tank can assure you that the karma you get is:

-low fat
-cholesterol free
-will make you better looking
-is environmentally friendly
-solve baldness
-increase your stamina
-soy, whey, wheat, gluten, peanut and otherwise allergy free

in short, you can feel good about this karma. it's certified! :D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh lord, I just saw Jake's new sig.

If you guys get the bidding high enough, I'll hand carve a plaque that says, "Current MTBNJ.com drunken SS hill-climbing champion"

The Kalmyk

Oh lord, I just saw Jake's new sig.

If you guys get the bidding high enough, I'll hand carve a plaque that says, "Current MTBNJ.com drunken SS hill-climbing champion"

No thanks. I'm going to try to earn it at next years picnic:D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any increment you want! But $1 increments sound good.

So we have $45 and $30. Nice! (I'll work on that jersey)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not 85 billion to be sure. But it's not nothing.

Randomly throwing out numbers - Our bandwidth has gone over the monthly limit for September so we may be doubling our yearly cost there from $120 to $240. We want to consider upgrading to the next vBulletin, don't know the price on that. We also want to bring the gallery back but then that brings up space issues.

The picnic was $120. Doman registration adds $20. Then the merchandise we bought for the festival and picnic is still over $400 in the red.

We need to buy a popup tent, table, etc. We need more business cards, $40 there. Possibly a new banner for next year depending if we get a race day nutrition sponsor. Team costs also figure into the mix but that's another ball of wax and will probably add cost for 2009. We would love to get into the race promotion game someday but that's several thousand in seed money that nobody wants to gamble on.

Then we get into value added stuff. Should we try to buy more stuff for the picnic next year? Should we have a Christmas party? Expand the site? When we got hit by the hacker that cost us money we didn't really have in reserve.

FWIW, we make nothing off the site. Anything that we bring in with sponsors goes into the site or the race team.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Well, the bidding just got a little too rich for my blood,
but I'm in for $30 for the picnic, the site and the good karma.

Can I get a shirt with that?:D

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
If you are reading this...

or if you ride on NJ trails, then you should consider bidding or making a donation.

FWIW, these 3 guys donate their time (and significant money out of pocket, I'm sure) not only to maintain this site, but to enrich the NJ MTB community as a whole. They put up with all of our collective antics, idiosyncracies, childish flame wars, etc. And they don't typically ask for anything in return. Not one thin dime.

I understand everyone's financial situation is different, but if you can spare it - please consider bidding on the fundraiser or making a donation.

Thanks,
tj.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow, thanks guys, you all rock!

Several people have asked how to donate, and Fogerson jumped into his kitchen and baked up a fresh new DONATE button which you now see on top of the page. If that's your thing, awesome. If you prefer sending aluminum cans, let me know and I'll send you my address!

Thanks again everyone!

gtluke

The Moped
if you are at all interested, i can cut you off a piece of my web server. give you a gig or whatever you need with basically unlimited traffic quota. i'm a server space reseller so you would get professional tech support through the host, your own server backend and i wouldn't know any of the passwords.
it would be through http://topclasshost.com/ and totally free of charge.

i'll be donating some cash too, i run a few message boards and i know how much of a pain in the ass it is :)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
if you are at all interested, i can cut you off a piece of my web server. give you a gig or whatever you need with basically unlimited traffic quota. i'm a server space reseller so you would get professional tech support through the host, your own server backend and i wouldn't know any of the passwords.
it would be through http://topclasshost.com/ and totally free of charge.

i'll be donating some cash too, i run a few message boards and i know how much of a pain in the ass it is :)

Thanks for all of this Luke. I'm not sure which direction we want to go with this but it's something to consider for sure. We'll discuss this amongst ourselves. Unlimited traffic would be sweet.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Uh, $50, I think, can the mods get an easier to read format. I am either illterate or dont really understand whats going on. I think I'm in for a box of stuff for a $50, unless someone else bids higher? Latley I dont know sh1t, please excuse me for that.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Uh, $50, I think, can the mods get an easier to read format. I am either illterate or dont really understand whats going on. I think I'm in for a box of stuff for a $50, unless someone else bids higher? Latley I dont know sh1t, please excuse me for that.

Nice! That makes you and Panhead the 2 highest bidders, $50 and $45. Yes, you get a box of stuff, basically 3 large shirts, 2 openers, 2 GUs, and some toe warmers.

Top Bottom