MTBNJ.com Ride Series - Kittatiny 11/23/08

Mare

It’s time for the MTBNJ.com ride series to continue – and yes, we need a snappy title! Suggest a title and if it’s chosen, get a free raffle ticket! Heck - get a ticket for showing up to ride too! Click here for raffle details.

Let’s start with our first ride this weekend:
November 23 @ Kittatiny Valley State Park (directions)
8:00 a.m. start (approximately 2 hours in duration)
Intermediate pace
bonefishjake is your fearless leader, who is apparently strong like bull, AND smart like tractor.

Future rides and details to follow:
November 29 @ Chimney Rock (Newman’s Lane) – Norm
November 30 @ Ringwood (Ryerson School Lot) – GlancingAft and *Alyssa*
December 6 @ Lewis Morris (Sunrise Lake) – Mare45
December 7 @ Clayton – rocknrollgirl & Chris9er
December 14 @ Hartshorne/Huber – ChrisG
December 20 @ Allaire (Hospital Road) – Mare45
December 27/28 TBD

So go ahead – RSVP that you are coming and post all your questions here.

Last edited:

ellbiddy

I'll try to make as many as possible, we should do a RV ride too! Gives me an excuse to finally go that far north and south to ride.

Mare

I'll try to make as many as possible, we should do a RV ride too! Gives me an excuse to finally go that far north and south to ride.

We can always do RV rides outside of this (I need to tackle those climbs), but FYI, one will be schedule in January. Woo hoo!!

ellbiddy

Woo! Hopefully less flats hah, maybe I can cyclocross that section and just run with my bike on my back :rofl:

The Kalmyk

Damn...Out of town for the Kittatiny ride:(...Why can't we flip flop the dates with CR;)...Can't wait for that Ringwood ride

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
me too, as long as Tim and Jake don't ditch me again:rofl:

Edit: it's to early for me to say I am definitely in, but I would like to attend.

Oh boo-hoo! I'm not paying attention and it's their fault :cry::cry::cry:

:D:D

It’s time for the MTBNJ.com ride series to continue – and yes, we need a snappy title! Suggest a title and if it’s chosen, get a free raffle ticket! Heck - get a ticket for showing up to ride too! Click here for raffle details.

Let’s start with our first ride this weekend:
November 23 @ Kittatiny Valley State Park (directions)
8:00 a.m. start (approximately 2 hours in duration)
Intermediate pace
bonefishjake is your fearless leader, who is apparently strong like bull, AND smart like tractor.

Future rides and details to follow:
November 29 @ Chimney Rock (Newman’s Lane) – Norm
November 30 @ Ringwood (Ryerson School Lot) – GlancingAft and *Alyssa*
December 6 @ Lewis Morris (Sunrise Lake) – Mare45
December 7 @ Clayton – rocknrollgirl & Chris9er
December 13 @ Hartshorne/Huber – ChrisG
December 20 @ Allaire (Hospital Road) – Mare45
December 28 @ Tourne (Old Boonton Road)– GlancingAft & *Alyssa*

So go ahead – RSVP that you are coming and post all your questions here.

Hello:

I would like to bring my team I am coaching, Cesar, Nelson, Ekrem, and myself. Is that ok? they very good riders, Ekrem is only 9 but can keep up with the other 17 year olds. And if does not work out I know the park like my palm.

Thanks,
EmrahAyhan

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jake - Can you give a rough idea how the ride will go?

we'll all sit on our bikes, rubber side down and pedal. we'll then ride on trails. if something gets in your way, turn. or go over it. :D

i pretty much break the park up into five sections:

lower needle: green on the needle side (left of rail trail), blue on the other (rt of rail trail); swoopy with one small climb.
needle: climb with a steep starting section but otherwise just another climb; fast flowy DH section. i'll probably end up walking it.
switch: accessed from parking lot. starts with, oddly enough, a switchback climb. i think this is the white trail.
fisherman's path: short (maybe a mile) twisty section along the lake. very tight, very fun. optional 3' drop in middle.
"other side": both red and blue trails over here. probably take red to blue and cut back across the park that way. maybe.

i think that's about what we're looking at, likely in that order. i've got just about all of the loop figured out and just need to pull the end piece together. should be about two hours, 13/15 miles depending.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
we'll all sit on our bikes, rubber side down and pedal. we'll then ride on trails. if something gets in your way, turn. or go over it. :D

i pretty much break the park up into five sections:

lower needle: green on the needle side (left of rail trail), blue on the other (rt of rail trail); swoopy with one small climb.
needle: climb with a steep starting section but otherwise just another climb; fast flowy DH section. i'll probably end up walking it.
switch: accessed from parking lot. starts with, oddly enough, a switchback climb. i think this is the white trail.
fisherman's path: short (maybe a mile) twisty section along the lake. very tight, very fun. optional 3' drop in middle.
"other side": both red and blue trails over here. probably take red to blue and cut back across the park that way. maybe.

i think that's about what we're looking at, likely in that order. i've got just about all of the loop figured out and just need to pull the end piece together. should be about two hours, 13/15 miles depending.
Cminus. Close your eyes and picture the ride in your mind, be one w/ it.It takes a LONG time to wrench everything outta tiny parks,but yer gettin there:D

Top Bottom