MPH / Miles / Waves

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Does a nod count as a wave? 16.4 miles, 1 yell (hey), one yell back.

Let's see,
A nod:
Acknowledges the existence of the opposing rider.
Can take significant effort in precarious or stressful situations.
Confirms validation and equality between riders.
Would never be considered by a SRP.

Therefore, a nod most certainly counts as a wave...

A yell, on the other hand, would depend on what they were actually yelling.

Nimrod

Big skinny wheels this morning...Long uphill... Heart rate at 85%... Grinding it out... Sweating like an animal...........There's a car coming down the hill. The car slows, directional goes on...wants to make a left in front of me.:confused:

Looked at the driver, established eye contact, nodded, pointed that I was going straight, she nods back:) She waits:D As I continue crushing the hill in the 53. As we passed, I said "Thank You" and she responed "YOUR WELCOME". WoW!!! Nice Car people that talk!!

There is hope:p

Shaggz

A strong 7
Today I got a nod from 2 older folks on a tandem, and a beep and wave from a gal driving w/road bike on car rack. That's got to count for something.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
early 50 yesterday, only got snubbed by one dude, waves from maybe 6 other people, 3 on mountain rd in hopewell along and 3 os those were matchy-matchies!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
A bunch of grandpas with no helmets riding their bikes today, lots of runners, the kids on the playground at the middle school, very excited kids in strollers... everyone waved. A SUV considering exiting a garden center parking lot saw us coming and BACKED UP so we could pass. A car on 202 stopped and allowed us to cross in front of her.
It was like springtime in Mayberry

It was the stupid comfort bike chick(SCBC) who totally ignored our greeting.
Go figure:rolleyes:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
37 miles on fathers day, only saw one guy on one of those folding bikes with 20" wheels and reluctanly waved and got one in return...

Did come across a runner that was walking and staggering in the middle of the road towards the end of my ride. When I caught up to him, he was probably over 80 and looked really worn out and completely drenched with sweat. I asked him if he was alright and convinced him to take a drink and asked him if he knew he was running in the middle of the raod and he said, "yeah, i know". I see runners doing this on rural roads but Cold Soil Road isn't busy, but people fly down the straight away he was on, so not so safe. In any case, he was still standing as far as I could look back. Hope the guy is ok....

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
16.1 / 21 / 4 out of 6 /2 joggers that waved / 1 bunch of kids in a car thought I was Lance...or at least that is what they yelled out the window... :)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Sunday: 50 miles/18.6 Avg/ 4 for 4 on waves. One nod from a deer. Awesome ride up to stockton via hopewell boro then back on goat hill / valley / poor farm rd, fair amount of climbing and fun downhills.

Monday: quick flat 19 through p-town boro at lunch / 20.6 avg / only wave from a taxi driver in p-town who slowed down to talk to me and tell me he used to ride a track bike and told me, "Don't work about your speed, worry about your rhythm." I was stoked for the last 7 miles.

I feel super strong lately and love hitting he hills. My road riding has made a huge improvement on my mtb...I am looking forward to reeling in and crushing all the posers on the road while the tour is on...:getsome:

RNG1

Sunday: 50 miles/18.6 Avg/ 4 for 4 on waves. One nod from a deer. Awesome ride up to stockton via hopewell boro then back on goat hill / valley / poor farm rd, fair amount of climbing and fun downhills.

Monday: quick flat 19 through p-town boro at lunch / 20.6 avg / only wave from a taxi driver in p-town who slowed down to talk to me and tell me he used to ride a track bike and told me, "Don't work about your speed, worry about your rhythm." I was stoked for the last 7 miles.

I feel super strong lately and love hitting he hills. My road riding has made a huge improvement on my mtb...I am looking forward to reeling in and crushing all the posers on the road while the tour is on...:getsome:

I like this post, good stuff. I got a lot of waves on Friday morning on the road bike, or were they just pointing at me because I have a cast on my hand?:confused:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
rode this morning and at lunch, 36 total / just over 19 avg in the princeton/montgomery area. At lunch, crossed over US 1 at Washington Rd (a road I rarely ride on) and the light turned green at the perfect time and I was cruising over US 1 somewhere around 20 mph and then a car went to pull into the Getty gas right there and stop almost right in front of me, I locked em up and cut into the gas station and found I wore through my GP 4000 AS rubber on my rear after my ride :mad2:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
The abortion is complete, got a Bell Sweep XC yesterday and took the visor off for my ride this morning, much more roadie like than my xen but soo much lighter and twice the amount of vents....not sure if I will still wear the xen fro mtb :hmmm:

anyways 50 on sunday, one wave from a woman rider
20 yesterday
20 this morning, starting with lights for the first time this year and a snub, I thought I was in the club now! He was in a matchy-matchy suit, which I can't see myself wearing. Maybe he could see I have hairy legs or something.

BiknBen

20 this morning, starting with lights for the first time this year and a snub, I thought I was in the club now! He was in a matchy-matchy suit, which I can't see myself wearing. Maybe he could see I have hairy legs or something.

Where are you riding in the morning? Bike Commuting?

I ride from Robbinsville to Manalapan for work a few times per week. I'm pretty groggy in the morning and have simply missed riders going in the other direction cause I'm staring at my front wheel.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Where are you riding in the morning? Bike Commuting?

I ride from Robbinsville to Manalapan for work a few times per week. I'm pretty groggy in the morning and have simply missed riders going in the other direction cause I'm staring at my front wheel.

I just did a ride starting at 5 from my house, maily through hopewell twp, just to beat the heat today.

Top Bottom