Moving to NJ.... Where to live???

I don’t know what the rental market is like in Oakland, and it’s more suburban than rural, but it fits all you criteria. Less than 30 to anywhere in Wayne no matter what time/traffic. 10 min to Ramapo 20min to any trail in ringwood. 10 min to high mountain, 15 tops. 25min to jungle. If you’re ridin’ 4 days a week and like rocks, you’ll love riding from ramapo into ringwood.
Rode a loop from Ramapo/Top of Skyline Dr to Ringwood and back the other day, was a solid loop. Def have been having fun learning the area.

I grew up near Worcester, and for some reason they are touting it as the next “hip” city. I’m not sure if that’s true but it’s super cheap and has good trails nearby.

It’s probably our due diligence to talk you out of moving to jersey.

Hahah, the move happened and have been in Jersey about a month now.
Regarding Worcester, main reason I could see people touting it as the next “hip” spot to live, is the cost of living in the metro Boston area is so high, Worcester must look like a bargain.

I needed to read through 5 pages to give my 2 cents. Stay away from route 80. Don’t know if price, schools or crime grid matter so won’t try to tell you where you should live. Even if I did I still wouldn’t tell you where to live. As you can see there is a pattern. High mountain, Ringwood are some of the great trail systems near your work. Another great system is jungle habitat in West Milford 10 minutes west of Ringwood. All worth checking out. Feel free to join OOS on Strava as we have group rides often. Group ride Sunday 9am Jungle Habitat. Good luck in your search. Hope to see you on the trails.

Been down in the area about a month,
Yeah that's some good stuff. So where'd you end up moving to?

Not final yet, but looking like it’s gonna be the Ringwood/ West Milford area. Have been having fun riding in Ringwood, Ramapo and Jungle Habitat over the past month.
Commutes only gonna be 20-25 minutes.
Should be a good fit.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Been down in the area about a month,

Not final yet, but looking like it’s gonna be the Ringwood/ West Milford area. Have been having fun riding in Ringwood, Ramapo and Jungle Habitat over the past month.
Commutes only gonna be 20-25 minutes.
Should be a good fit.
Congrats on the move. Check out Sterling as well.

mntal

I’m going to be moving to NJ in August, and was looking to see if you guys could give me some insight on areas I should consider living. I’m a little bummed to be leaving to my local trails and the crew I ride with. But, I am looking forward to having new trails to ride and building a new network of buddies to ride with.

I’m looking to live somewhere that’s around a 30 minute commute to Wayne (or less) and want to live 20 minutes or less to good trails.

From what I’ve found online, living in the Ringwood or Wanaque area looks like it could be a good fit, but I want to make sure I’m not overlooking anything, as I’m not from the area.

Where I live now, some of our best trails are not easy to find, if you aren’t familiar with the area. Love trails with tech, rock, chunk, rolls, drops/senders etc.... I haven’t had a chance to ride in NJ yet, but I found some videos on YouTube, and Ramapo looks like a fun spot, as well as Ringwood. Is there anywhere else I should be looking?

Probably will take a trip(s) down in the coming weeks, to start looking for a place to live and def will bring a bike to get some riding in.

So, I’m looking for any insight before signing a lease or purchasing a home, and suggestions on where to ride.

Thanks!!!!
Look at Sparta. Live on or near the lake.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Look at Sparta. Live on or near the lake.
^This, though there are some unsavory characters in in the hood.

You will have easy access to MDR, KVSP, Allamuchy, great roads, and Kroghs & Angry Erik's if you like craft brews.

mntal

^This, though there are some unsavory characters in in the hood.

You will have easy access to MDR, KVSP, Allamuchy, great roads, and Kroghs & Angry Erik's if you like craft brews.
Very questionable folks up here - great place to hide!

Top Bottom