Mountain Man 2019 -----> 2020

Kaleidopete

Some photos from today, great to see everyone out there!
Dsc05235.jpg
Dsc05239.jpg
Dsc05240.jpg
Dsc05241.jpg
Dsc05242.jpg
Dsc05245.jpg
Dsc05246.jpg
Dsc05249.jpg
Dsc05252.jpg
Dsc05259.jpg

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If anyone knows a guy who gave up his buff to a bloody guy on the bike please put him in contact with me. Would like to get him a new one and a 6 pack.

No idea how I would've gotten it to stop bleeding without him
Sorry you got hurt!

Were you the one that scraped up the right arm pretty bad?

You should have introduced yourself too us...

Cassinonorth

Sorry you got hurt!

Were you the one that scraped up the right arm pretty bad?

You should have introduced yourself too us...

Yep that was me!

I was going to but being all bloodied I figured it was best to just get going home and get some stitches.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yep that was me!

I was going to but being all bloodied I figured it was best to just get going home and get some stitches.
Next time you do see us, say hi. :)

And the way you were running I was actually concerned you were running with a broken collarbone held together by adrenaline. Glad I was wrong on this.

And WTF @2Julianas

Cassinonorth

Next time you do see us, say hi. :)

And the way you were running I was actually concerned you were running with a broken collarbone held together by adrenaline. Glad I was wrong on this.

And WTF @2Julianas
Haha oh God no. If I had any concern it wasn't just a cut I would've called it.

I was just beat down by that point and trying to not fall again on the run lol.

ryderX

Another Mountain Man race in the books. I think this may have been my 26th or 27th go round. Years ago it was held at Mahlon Dickerson and it would usually sell out back in the day. It was nice to see such a good turn out and hopefully Chris will continue the tradition.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Another Mountain Man race in the books. I think this may have been my 26th or 27th go round. Years ago it was held at Mahlon Dickerson and it would usually sell out back in the day. It was nice to see such a good turn out and hopefully Chris will continue the tradition.

nice inside top 20 for ya. Damn kids finishing ahead of you :). and you held off @MtnRider at the end !

rosceaux

That was my first. Great vibe, great event. Thanks those on this board for the information and encouragement. My first run was terrible, I did much better on the bike than I expected, and I negative splitted the second run. Lots of tough old guys out there!

ryderX

David of wayway tri fame. Running the wtf short track race next week.
Oh, he and I were chatting for a bit on the last run. I think I mumbled a commitment to his race next weekend. I hope he was to delirious to hear me. 🙊🙉🙈

Chris(NJ)

Yep that was me!

Heard about your crash. Sorry to hear you went down. Always a bummer, but glad to hear it wasn't anything more serious. I was concerned someone was gonna crash that day w/ the coating of fresh, wet, leaves.

Chris(NJ)

Thanks for the link. Interesting looking at the split times. That dude who won crushed those runs. jeez.
And...I never thought the bike portion of this race would be my downside 😂

I agree and that's also why I decided to do this instead of Fair Hill. I'd rather see Chris get more registrations for this race to help motivate him to continue the tradition.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The last time I did this race, I didn't want to do it again because there were so few people I did almost the entire race solo.

This time was different, had people in front of me or behind me almost the the entire race. So much better.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That was my first attempt at this....and god that was FUN!!! lol. Of course I feel bad for @muddybike who got stuck with the running detail. Mad props to her for absolutely nailing both runs! If I had to run, you all would have lapped me like a 2 legged dog! On wed. we went to the course and I slowly tried to jog one lap with her and A. I wanted to die B. my legs were SCREAMING for 2 days after.

I haven't thrown down a race effort since the bearscat last year, so I wasnt sure if my legs would still work for more than a few minutes....Thankfully they did and by the second lap, i was starting to feel like my old self again. I know people hate on lewis morris alot and ya, its not great...but at race pace, I have always had fun.

@cassinonorth glad you were ok, I think I saw you out there with the bloody arm.
Thanks for the link. Interesting looking at the split times. That dude who won crushed those runs. jeez.
omg, I cant believe anyone can run that fast up and down hills over dirt and roots, wtf? lol...I was just happy i beat his bike time...albeit NOT BY ALOT lol...and I didnt have to run.

Top Bottom