Mountain Creek Trail Info Needed

mudjnky

Hello, looking for some info on the trails at MC. We are new to DH this year and have been there a handful of times. We usually ride the blue and green trails on the right side (looking up the mountain). Talking with someone there they said the trails on the left side are a lot of fun and not too bad. I'd say we are still on the novice/beginner side of riding so haven't really ventured that way yet. Can anyone offer some good info on the difficulty level of the trails? I find a lot of the blue/green trails there to be very tight and I'm on the brakes a lot. Looking at the trail map the single black don't seem to be as tight, but have no idea of what's actually on the trail. Thanks in advance for you help.

Johnny Utah

Hello, looking for some info on the trails at MC. We are new to DH this year and have been there a handful of times. We usually ride the blue and green trails on the right side (looking up the mountain). Talking with someone there they said the trails on the left side are a lot of fun and not too bad. I'd say we are still on the novice/beginner side of riding so haven't really ventured that way yet. Can anyone offer some good info on the difficulty level of the trails? I find a lot of the blue/green trails there to be very tight and I'm on the brakes a lot. Looking at the trail map the single black don't seem to be as tight, but have no idea of what's actually on the trail. Thanks in advance for you help.
The left side is rockier and a bit more natural. The one trail that is not (tempest) has many built features. If you are a bit squirrely on the right side of the mountain (breakout side) ride the right side with caution and try to go with someone who is willing to show you some of the trails.

Take your time and lookout/yield to faster riders coming up behind you.

mudjnky

The left side is rockier and a bit more natural. The one trail that is not (tempest) has many built features. If you are a bit squirrely on the right side of the mountain (breakout side) ride the right side with caution and try to go with someone who is willing to show you some of the trails.

Take your time and lookout/yield to faster riders coming up behind you.
Thank you!

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Some good single black diamonds all to the right side , the jack , twist , triple drop not to gnar or steep Just fun mostly all rocks

DargSide

I'll be there on either on Saturday or Sunday if you wanna shoot me a pm I'll send you my number

Jeb

Outlaw to tempest is basically a blue route labeled as black because it leads into either lower legion or the gnarlier section of waterboy. You can circumvent the tough stuff by just heading straight down the ski trail to your right after tempest. The upper/flatter portion of the backside trails are rocky but not too scary. Upper legion, monarch, careless whisper, road to nowhere sans drop... all safe to explore without the worry of falling off a cliff, all lead to that single track down the ski trail of you don't want the rough stuff.

Zaskar

Anyone know what kind of impact (closures) the Spartan event this weekend will have on the trails?

Ian F

Whew... if it's anything like the Spartan event they held at Blue Mtn a year or two ago, I'd be weary of the place at all. Parking at Blue was so packed, there was no room for biking and the bike park was closed. It was like going skiing on President's Day... insane.

DownhillR3

Anyone know what kind of impact (closures) the Spartan event this weekend will have on the trails?

Shouldn't be to bad. Was just up there earlier this week riding. Parking will be a pain but doesn't look like many Spartan features are in the bike park area.

Top Bottom