Mountain Creek Night Skiing

bucknejo

Does anyone have recent experience with night skiing at Mountain Creek? I'm looking to take my 8 year old son after school, weather permitting, and was curious what the latest is on the mountain. My understanding is that weekends can get a little bonkers with the teenagers and amateurs but not sure how this plays out during the week.

Any advice? Understood there are additional challenges, i.e. icy conditions, temps.

My son's just starting out and I guess we're just looking to get some laps in on the greens at the Vernon peak.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Been a while since I’ve boarded there but when I used to go midweek I’d leave shortly after lunch since once schools let out it got pretty busy.

Keep in mind there aren’t too many green options. Horizon is a nice easy winding trail but is one of the busiest. Sugar slope is short but wide so a good option if the main trails are busy.

Then there’s always the ice once everything gets scraped off during the day. Night skiing can be fun and different but I’d only do it if it was snowing sufficient to keep the trails covered.

Not saying you and your son won’t enjoy it there, (my son and I did fine back in the day even on busy days, but only once he was good enough to navigate and had strong control of his skis), just manage your expectations.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you already said it, but just in general night conditions usually get pretty icy. tracks made during the day can freeze over and can catch you off guard. it's always a good time though.

Top Bottom