Mountain Creek Area activities?

iman29

For those familiar with Mountain creek area (yes i know this is a MTB forum and the place has downhill trails)

We are planning a family Corona-cation getaway and we don't want to travel out of state. Wifey suggested Mountain Creek area and found a nice rental house thats adjacent to the main property. Older kids "might" want to go MTB riding, but only my middle son has a decent MTB (2 year old X Caliber 7) and is very much a beginner so I don't plan to try any downhill riding with them. And my beater 26" MTB might not even survive the chair lift. I do have the option to bring my car and the bikes since its only an hour drive we could take 2 cars if we really wanted to.

Aside from the water park, and the hotel amenities we can use like the pool and stuff. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the surrounding area for things like ATV rentals and/or any other stuff to do with 20, 18, and 13 year olds (all 3 boys - yes my poor wife has 4 children counting me ). Are there any more local trails/single track beginner friendly trails in the area that would be worth it?

Thanks!

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's also a zip line up there, though I'd guess that's also closed currently.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's also a zip line up there, though I'd guess that's also closed currently.
Actually I’m pretty sure the zip line and tree top adventure thing are open. Forgot I saw a group with harnesses in yesterday.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Too bad they closed the Playboy Club years ago. 4 out of 5 would have enjoyed it.

TimBay

Too bad they closed the Playboy Club years ago. 4 out of 5 would have enjoyed it.

I golfed at great gorge yesterday with my dad and brother and I never knew that existed. I wanted to break into there so bad to see what it looked like.

Also... There's like 3 or 4 courses there at crystal springs. So that's an option for the OP.

Also also, I'd call the resort and ask what options are open.

mtbiker87

I golfed at great gorge yesterday with my dad and brother and I never knew that existed. I wanted to break into there so bad to see what it looked like.

Also... There's like 3 or 4 courses there at crystal springs. So that's an option for the OP.

Also also, I'd call the resort and ask what options are open.
Should've stopped by and said hey !

mtbiker87

For those familiar with Mountain creek area (yes i know this is a MTB forum and the place has downhill trails)

We are planning a family Corona-cation getaway and we don't want to travel out of state. Wifey suggested Mountain Creek area and found a nice rental house thats adjacent to the main property. Older kids "might" want to go MTB riding, but only my middle son has a decent MTB (2 year old X Caliber 7) and is very much a beginner so I don't plan to try any downhill riding with them. And my beater 26" MTB might not even survive the chair lift. I do have the option to bring my car and the bikes since its only an hour drive we could take 2 cars if we really wanted to.

Aside from the water park, and the hotel amenities we can use like the pool and stuff. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the surrounding area for things like ATV rentals and/or any other stuff to do with 20, 18, and 13 year olds (all 3 boys - yes my poor wife has 4 children counting me ). Are there any more local trails/single track beginner friendly trails in the area that would be worth it?

Thanks!
If you want to try Waywayanda let me know, it's right up the road from me, and I can give you a tour on some of the ..."easier "....trails ( or the harder ones if you prefer). Might even have an extra bike to lend if needed.

As far as stuff to do, if you like fishing, Waywayanda lake is good, as and there is plenty of hiking. Lots of folks like climbing the Stairway to Heaven off rt 94 just outside town, headed towards Warwick. If you are staying in one of those cabins up on top of the mountain, you'll have the Creek XC trails pretty much right outside your front door. Sussex branch/ Paulinskill rail trail is only about 1/2 hr away if you pick it up in Lafayette.There is plenty of touristy stuff in Warwick, just across the NY border, like small shops, stuff like that. Hit the Dairy Swirl ice cream shop on 94 if you like ice cream. It's better than the DQ. But DQ has batting cages. Not sure they're open yet though. Haven't looked.

Cassinonorth

It was housing the Creek workers up until like 4 or 5 years ago. Place gives me serious Chernobyl vibes.

iman29

Well we booked a nice private place near the resort and had plans to do next week and take 2 cars so I could MTB with the boys but alas plans canceled for various reasons.

At least the guy refunded me in full cause he was able to rent it to someone else. Thanked him 100 times.

Top Bottom