Mountain Biking is Hard...

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's tough keeping an 18 yr old satisfied , even if you are Lance.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Those wheels do look a bit small.

Funny how your perception changes as you are surrounded by 29ers.

dualfisted

more411

Ok, so I realize that you nutjobs are all pro-SS bikes and apparently you just have to ride a 29'er now, you cats are really too much. My question is, does anyone have more 411 on why Lance-anator DNF'd this endurance race. Did he have a serious mechanical? Just pooped out, what???? I'm going to search for answers now, as I generally don't follow the race scene at all.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is a good question. I can't find any news about Lance racing anything recently.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Interesting, thanks for the link. I can't believe this has gotten so little press.

dualfisted

Also, apparently the race was a 26 mile half marathon and a 52 mile marathon (probably the one Lance was in). Thanks for that link, it's the only thing I can find about Lance DNF'ing. He must've been hurting if he dropped with only 11 miles left in a 52 mile course.

dualfisted

I carry 100 ozs. of water for any ride, if I was going 52 miles I'd surely have a TON of water with me, or on standby with someone, WTF was he thinkin'???

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Also, apparently the race was a 26 mile half marathon and a 52 mile marathon (probably the one Lance was in). Thanks for that link, it's the only thing I can find about Lance DNF'ing. He must've been hurting if he dropped with only 11 miles left in a 52 mile course.

Google "armstrong mountain bike race"....you'll find some more articles on it, but they all say pretty much the same thing.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Ok, so I realize that you nutjobs are all pro-SS bikes and apparently you just have to ride a 29'er now, you cats are really too much. My question is, does anyone have more 411 on why Lance-anator DNF'd this endurance race. Did he have a serious mechanical? Just pooped out, what???? I'm going to search for answers now, as I generally don't follow the race scene at all.

Come and grab a 29er demo and drink the Kool-Aid.

dualfisted

Well, I'm eventually gonna be all about getting a second or third bike. Riding a fully rigid, 8spd, '97 Stumpjumper aint exactly the be all, end all, I know. I'm interviewing for jobs currently, so I'm not demo'ing a thing until I gots some duckies in my pocket. I'll let you cats drink the Kool-Aid for now, I'm stickin' with water outta a plastic bladder. :getsome:

Top Bottom