Mountain Biking is Hard...

fun thread

This has been great. I don't know squat about doping, but the fact that Lance has been tested as much as he was during his TDF runs leads me to believe that (even if he got away with something), he deserved those yellow jerseys. Also, the idea of a water bottle being ejected,,,,,,,,, whatever, I don't remember seeing even a cage on his ride, also, "aid station" I've never depended on one, you're mountain biking, carry a bladder or some sort, it's an endurance race, one water bottle isn't going to hold you for 52 miles. AND, whoever told me to hold on to my cash on the issue of SS and 29'ers, well, I'm already doing that, I love that 8 speed, fully rigid Stumpjumper of mine, and I'm keeping it til the friggin' head tube snaps and goes right thru my chest, or my jaw, whatever. If I had tons of money I may be a techno-geek, but, I don't, so I'll stick with bein' a retro grouch and just sit back and listen to the rest bicker about whether five inches of monkey motion is too much, or whether they need a 8 inch big hit bike or not. PS, this reply was written with three high alcohol content, absolutely delicious cherry beers in me. Piece out cub scouts. TJ

I've never hit my foot on my wheel.
My bike no longer feels sluggish.
I've never done dope.
My name is jake and I'm a 29aholic.

I'm sure I'll have a 29 er sooner or later but I'll definately be using my 26 er till I get more duckies myself and I"ll be loving it. I hit my foot prolly cause of all the float in my frogs cause of my knee. If your steering is 'no longer' sluggish must mean that it was at one time. I'd guess that the 26ers we have all owned probably feel "twitchy" now that we are used to 29 ers? Would make sense. I think its personal preference and not one better than the other as far as 26 or 29 goes. I'd also guess that different trails lend themselves to a different choice. Like I said, I'll get one and we all know that but I think first I'll 69 er the bike I have. Now THAT idea actually does pump my nads! 29er frames infringe on my private junk too. I'm a short guinnie let's not forget!

Don't fall to the pressure of this forum man. I've waited for many many 29 ers at the tops of many many hills. In my opinion the 29 ers are sluggish handlers and the front wheels can hit your shoes. Keep your duckies bro. I am. As soon as the next new fase comes along the'll be dissing their own 29ers. Be happy. Be a leader.

Wrong, wrong, wrong!! The mighty Paragon will show no mercy on you when we finally cross paths............

I'm sure I'll have a 29 er sooner or later but I'll definately be using my 26 er till I get more duckies myself and I"ll be loving it. I hit my foot prolly cause of all the float in my frogs cause of my knee. If your steering is 'no longer' sluggish must mean that it was at one time. I'd guess that the 26ers we have all owned probably feel "twitchy" now that we are used to 29 ers? Would make sense. I think its personal preference and not one better than the other as far as 26 or 29 goes. I'd also guess that different trails lend themselves to a different choice. Like I said, I'll get one and we all know that but I think first I'll 69 er the bike I have. Now THAT idea actually does pump my nads! 29er frames infringe on my private junk too. I'm a short guinnie let's not forget!

it was sluggish mostly b/c of the geometry that came stock with the mary. since adding a new 0* stem, flat bars and dropping a spacer it put my weight forward to a more agressive and less mary poppins-esque one. agreed, 29ers aren't for everyone but it sure fits the bill for me. but yeah, shorter folks may have a "clearance" issue. but hey, you've got #5 on the way so what're you worried about? :D

Look guys, please let me rationalize however I want to when I can't afford one! I'm jealous you bitches! LMFAO.....lol Maybe by spring ish. I shall still do the 69er though. Jake, suppose it was twins this time. Then I'd have six! Hardtale, somehow when we cross paths I have a feeling you are gonna throw me on your shoulder, bike'n all, and ride all o muchy till I understand! Good Day Ladies gtgtwork

Are they being accused of steroid use and/or blood doping?

A 29er rolls over almost anything with no problem because of the bigger wheels. The rolling resistance really only felt when you start after that the momentum and rolling mass takes over. Then again mabey its just better because it's a Single Speed!:)

A 29er rolls over almost anything with no problem because of the bigger wheels. The rolling resistance really only felt when you start after that the momentum and rolling mass takes over. Then again mabey its just better because it's a Single Speed!:)

There's that SS talk again. ;) I'll try one out eventually (SS that is), but I've just started to ride and I really needed that granny gear on a climb last week... not exactly in the best of aerobic shape but that'll soon change.

29ers don't ride any better but you will fit in with the cool kids.

We might even let you sit at our lunch table.

I hope you have some extra fries to share.

29ers don't ride any better but you will fit in with the cool kids.

We might even let you sit at our lunch table.

I hope you have some extra fries to share.

I'm not trading my snaack for anything.

ss talk again

You know, I do find it amusing that when I latched on to the back of the ATUG ride down here a couple weekends ago (15+ riders) the only mechanical we had in the hour I was on the back wheel was with an SS bike. All this talk of simpicity and reliability, it makes ya kinda think. These 29'er guys and SS guys are like crack dealers, they'll even letcha take one for a test ride for free, getcha hooked, after that, ya gotta pay though......... BEWARE!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom