Mountain Bike Skills Building Clinic @ Chimney Rock 4/19/08

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Mountain Bike Skills Building Clinic & Trailside Bicycle Repair Class @ Washington Valley Park (AKA Chimney Rock)
Meet @ Newman's Lane Parking Lot
Bridgewater Township, New Jersey
Saturday, April 19th, 2008 / 9:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.

HOSTED BY: JORBA-SCPC Chapter and the Somerset County Park Commission
Itinerary (weather permitting):
Pre-registration: 8:30A.M. - 9:00A.M.
Mountain Bike Skills Clinic: 9:00A.M. - 10:00A.M.
Co-ed & all girls ride: 10.00 A.M. - 11.30 A.M.
Free Lunch: 11:30A.M. - 12:30P.M. :)
Trailside Bicycle Repair Class: 12:30P.M. - 2:00 P.M.

SPACE IS LIMITED SO PLEASE RSVP NO LATER THAN 04/9/08
by calling Christine Biskey at 908 231-0802 ext. 24 or
e-mail: cbiskey@scparks.org

This fun and informative two part program is designed for cyclists of all levels. The first part will teach proper off-road techniques for improved riding ability, increased confidence, and overall riding enjoyment. The
second part will offer cyclists the opportunity to learn some maintenance skills on their own bikes. Bring bike, helmet and H2O bottle.

http://www.somersetcountyparks.org/brochFlyers/mtBike_clinic.pdf

Free raffle gifts provided by EMS and Hammer Nutrition* :)

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
is that the parkin lot by the baseball feilds on chimney rock road or different one...dont know where it is if its different one

walter

Fourth Party
is that the parkin lot by the baseball feilds on chimney rock road or different one...dont know where it is if its different one

If you are coming up from 22, drive past the ball fields and go to the light. At light make a left and go down the road a bit and make left onto Newmans lane. Parking lot is on the left hand side.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
If you are coming up from 22, drive past the ball fields and go to the light. At light make a left and go down the road a bit and make left onto Newmans lane. Parking lot is on the left hand side.
i know that lot i usually park in that main lot but thanks...should be very usefull stuff...plus free lunch...thanks

dualfisted

I just RSVP'd for this, looking forward to checking out CR. I was wondering,,,, my GF wants to "try" mt. biking, is this environment gonna be way over her head. She's excited about the all female ride, I don't want her to hate me for bringing her. I'm trying to get a couple Allaire rides under her belt before this occurs.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
the break up

dude she will leave you if shes never been on a bike or has little EXP. its real rocky and sharpe...i think thats called TECH ...i like it you will like it...but..its just that you seem happy and well CR is a home wrecker...

dualfisted

thanks for that 411, I'll try to discourage her from this one. If it's tech or steep at all, I'll never hear the end of my torturing her, haha. Just kidding, but she won't like it. I'll just be stoked to get her to Allaire every now and again. She likes to ride around Asbury and take pictures of all the old buildings, she definately won't be down with steep and or rocky.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I doubt you'll get in anyway.
I put in for a spot just two hours after the post that they made more room and surprise, it was full. Let me know if you have better luck.

GratefulRider

Dualfisted,

I'll look for you and your girl in the lot. My wife has some reservations about riding as well. I've been taking her to hartshorne a lot but she went OTB last weekend so she's even more nervous. I drive a gold ford explorer and ride a green and black Specialized FSR. I am going to try to be there around 830. If you have any interest, look for us, I figure if my wife has an introduction to at least 1 other person there before it starts, she might be more comfortable and have more fun.

Jeff

dualfisted

I just got a reply from the person in charge of the thing, and she says there are no spots available. So, I'm apparently not involved in this little swaray of theirs. I would like to go somewhere besides Allaire, Hartshorne and Clayton to ride, just don't know where it may be. Maybe I'll just go to Chimney Rock and push people from the clinic over when I pass them. That was a joke. Sorry I'm not in on that one, was looking forward to it. TJ

Eileen

I learned a lot and had a great time! The clinic was awesome start to finish. A huge thank you to all the volunteers and everyone who put this together.

It was also nice to meet more mtbnj people.

I feel like Zoller - I won a raffle :D

ellenserruto

I got closed out so i had to resort to plan B. . sleeping in! I know I missed out on a great opportunity to learn and meet great people:( Hope y'all had a an awesome day.

dursman

Just wanted to add another thank you. The day was awesome and so were the volunteers. So much fun. The pizza was really good too!

trailrider

Thanks so much to everyone who organized the event. Jenny, thanks for leading the girl's ride. So nice to meet great people and learned lots through this clinic. The free goodies and prizes were awesome too. :) katie

Top Bottom