Motorcycles here ?

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
How many people here with motorcycles (street)? Perfect fall weather comming up for rides. Maybe an mtbnj cruise?

walter

Fourth Party
What do you ride? I have the motorcycle on the back burner for now, I really cant decide what I want to buy.

Mrs Walter would like for me to buy a HD Vrod, but I'm not really into it. I kinda like the HD Nightrain but every time I sit on one I realize I'm too big for it. I like the look of naked bikes, but again cant decide which one I like best. I like the Yamaha FZ1 alot, as well as the Ducati Monsters. That BMW K1200 is pretty sweet also.

Oh well, If I pull the trigger anytime soon, I will let you know.

On a side note, I have these two friends, both completely covered in tattoos who each just bought Vespas. Its the funniest thing Ive seen in a while.

gtluke

The Moped
i've had an itch to put my bandit back on the road. i think my gf would slash the tires though.

THATmanMANNY

SV650s

One of the best all around bikes. Torquey enough for everyday and round town. If you want character go v-twin! However, I sold it 2 months ago and now I've been hunting for a new one. Possibly a Honda RC51 or any of the sport Triumphs.

Miss riding :(

Oh and the skyline GT-R is gonna be a beast!

Attachments

• 53400048.JPG
    53400048.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3652.JPG
    IMG_3652.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 11
  • 2008 NY Auto 089.jpg
    2008 NY Auto 089.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 11

Panhead

Have an old '55 Harley Panhead- kick only rigid old school chop with a jockey shift and suicide clutch. Raked 12" over and no front brake. It's stopping ability is slightly hampered by the fact that the only brake is the mechanical rear drum that gets soaked in oil from the primary chain oiler. Starting going up hill is fun with one leg behing the kicker to hold the sled and one foot on the clutch- nothing on the brake.

The Kalmyk

My old man had a shovelhead...When he rode Harley's he was considered scumbag...I've been around some crazy ass Pageans when I was younger...I always wonder what his take would be on the new refined Harley riders...I can still remember him tarping his bike in the winter then trying to kick start it the following morning...Boy it was work...His bike was black and dirty...Riding motorcycles remind me to much of him...If I did get one I think my choice would be obvious

Last edited:

Panhead

Unless you have the HOG patch you're still pretty much a scumbag-the less chrome the worse you are. My uncle used to run with the Iron Raiders back in the 70's and 80's. The president thought he could hang with the Angels, Pagans and Warlocks, took off to Fla and got knifed.
When you do get a Harley stick with a later Shovel or an Evo. Pans and Knuckles are lots of work.

The Kalmyk

Unless you have the HOG patch you're still pretty much a scumbag-the less chrome the worse you are. My uncle used to run with the Iron Raiders back in the 70's and 80's. The president thought he could hang with the Angels, Pagans and Warlocks, took off to Fla and got knifed.
When you do get a Harley stick with a later Shovel or an Evo. Pans and Knuckles are lots of work.

Iron Raiders were out of where...My old man was with the Pagans out of Bound Brook...Boy the shit I saw at such a young age...

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
What do you ride? I have the motorcycle on the back burner for now, I really cant decide what I want to buy.

Mrs Walter would like for me to buy a HD Vrod, but I'm not really into it. I kinda like the HD Nightrain but every time I sit on one I realize I'm too big for it. I like the look of naked bikes, but again cant decide which one I like best. I like the Yamaha FZ1 alot, as well as the Ducati Monsters. That BMW K1200 is pretty sweet also.

QUOTE]

Redneck Gettin' High framed custom.Rigid:getsome:

TJYeti

Knows about bikes

Oh well, If I pull the trigger anytime soon, I will let you know.

On a side note, I have these two friends, both completely covered in tattoos who each just bought Vespas. Its the funniest thing Ive seen in a while.

If a stock HD is too small for you how about going custom?I'm friends with the owners here ;http://www.4blc.com/ and I help out around the shop a little.The shop just built up a $120K all custom bagger chopper the was recently featured on American Thunder(on Speed).It was the Daytona episode.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I still have my CRF-450, but it has been a slow year for motocross with all the biking I have been doing.

I have never gotten my street bike lincense. I once borrowed my buddy's YZF 600 and took it for about a 20 mile ride. It convinced me that I dont belong on street bikes. With in one minute I was bored and blasting up RT94 at 110mph. Not my kind of riding. I know if I had a street bike I would get bored and probably do something stupid with it. On top of that, I have a large group off friends who are forever mangled because a some blue hair ran them over with their car. I'll stick to the dirt where only my stupidity hurts me.

seredyns

I have a Suzuki Vstrom 650 that I commute with. The bike is a lot of fun and averaging over 50mpg is not too bad either! Also have a YZ250 that I used to ride enduro's with although I don't get out on that too much anymore.

RNG1

You can't tell from the photo I posted but mine is a Triumph Sprint ST. I rode 4 cyls for a long time before I rode this and would never go back. I think a triple is the perfect mix.

dualfisted

i gots me a

'97 Heritage Softail. During the summer I run it like a bobber, no front fender n no windshield, but come late Nov, those go back on so I can ride in the winter (when there's no ice on the road). 55k miles on her now, I've only put it in the shop to have tires put on, other than that, myself n my pops have done all the wrenching.
I've also got an 81 CB900F, which is going to become my bastard child hardtail, foot clutchin', slap shiftin' project bike.

A

Allamooch

Had an '06 R6. Got hit by an oncoming moron in a cage. Bike was totalled. I'll be buying a new one this Spring.

Attachments

• R6 mountain.JPG
    R6 mountain.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom