Motocross bikes at Allaire!!

giff06

Lets not put ideas in anyones head!:)
Thanks to all who saw this through. I don't think the park would have aggresively pursued this issue without your complaints. Hopefully Mr Moto spreads the word to ALL his friends.
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

The Kalmyk

Belleplain is open.... If its too far south then make a weekend out of it... CM county has more trailer campgrounds than any other county

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Also if you had to pay every time you wanted to pedal; I am pretty sure most mtb'ers would trespass in order to ride; imagine if you had to pay every time you went to Allaire.

Or just put TM session time in for pedal time....

MST.ESQ

the same people who complain about the noise don't say a word about the onslaught of landscaper's and their constant spring / summer noise.

True.

My son has a small 50cc bike but obviously nowhere to ride it anywhere near our house.

Regarding the noise, people used to ride on the back part of our property in Long Valley where the old horse trails ran from the stables out to Chester. They were close enough to see from the back window and we could hear the noise, but nobody in our neighborhood ever thought of it as "noise pollution." In fact, the riders always gave a wave as if to say "thanks for not shooting me" and we always waved back as if to say "be respectful and we will leave the path clear for you." Seriously, compare the noise in most areas where moto riders are to that of say, Fort Lee. No comparison. IMO, the occasional "buzz" of a dirt bike should not be a bother to anyone.

Jerzeejoe

Track

Ok, think that place was open once before and closed then prolly reopened.too far for me to drive to ride... Blue diamond in del is closer for me besides RWP

Johnny Utah

It's that time of year again. As I came up the road I saw a Red Honda come out near Tomac's drop and high tail down the road, so when I pulled in the Hospital Road lot my senses were alert. As I started to unload my bike I hear two four strokes coming up from the campground (I was in the Hospital Road lot) so I grabbed my phone and went to the trail head to see them coming my way:

Once I started to film the license plates the front rider swatted at my hand/arm and knocked my phone down, I think it was going to get worse until I reminded him that it was assault and I am sure he realized the packed lot was right there and he was on video. At the same time his buddy put his bike in 1st and lunged the bike at me (when I bent down to grab my phone, sorry it is upside down post pickup).

I called the park office but got a machine. I will file a report tomorrow and encourage all to report this video to the park by calling the main office at the following: 732-938-2164

These guys knew where they were going and what they were doing, especially knowing Herbertsville Road as the one rider asks directions to. I believe @Mitch also saw them enter the trailhead.

Moto's have no place in the park due to the dangers they present equestrians, hikers and cyclists alike. Not to mention the issues they cause to the trails.

Please be careful in situations like this. I was near the main lot that was packed with people and stood near the road for visibility by those in the lot who I just excused myself from a conversation with.

Thank you - Johnny

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
My first impulse is to tell you karma's a bitch but anyone going into that situation without a magnetic strip on their plate kinda gets what they ask for.........so I'll call it even:rolleyes:

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
This link has been sent to our park rep. I will make a call later as well.
As one who rode motos when I was a bit younger I can feel for these guys not having space...
But as one who repairs the trails they tear up now it pisses me off.

ktmrider

Do you know if they had Enduro computers on there bikes ? The race season is kicking off and everyone is working on set ups and fitness . If you talk to them you should ask if they are in Enduro club , see the off-road community doesn't like shit like that and if you could get a club name it would be handled internally , the last thing we need is heat from some dick wads that want to poach illegal ground . BBSF isn't to far from there so I'm surprised they would ride there . My guess is just some guys that " heard " they can ride there . I had some friends that wanted to poach 6 mile one morning , I finally was able to convince them not to , but I think it's the risk and stupidity that drives stuff like this .

Johnny Utah

As one who rode motos when I was a bit younger I can feel for these guys not having space...
This......right there with you Mike.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This......right there with you Mike.
I was on these guys trail for like ten minutes. I was just following their tracks as they ripped up the trail and was hopping to run into them... Glad you got them Utah..
Hope the park rangers handles this and don't let it slide... That's Assault too...

giff06

I was on these guys trail for like ten minutes. I was just following their tracks as they ripped up the trail and was hopping to run into them... Glad you got them Utah..
Hope the park rangers handles this and don't let it slide... That's Assault too...
I think thats insult , Mitch!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions