most consecutive days on a bike?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
what is the most consecutive days on a bike anyone has had, not including riding to the mailbox and back?

I am currently on 8 days with the shortest being 7 miles (errand), longest 52 and average being 26 (mainly road). I will ride today, but tomorrow doesn't look so good for me...

looking back to my college days, I am sure I rode everyday in a month but can't be sure...

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
i'm shooting for 21 :getsome:, starting on Thursday when my family goes away to visit the grandparents. But other than that it has only been 2 days for me.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not many. Maybe we should have a competition to see who can ride the most days in a row. What's the criteria? An hour in the saddle IMO. 7 miles wouldn't count in my rules.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Not many. Maybe we should have a competition to see who can ride the most days in a row. What's the criteria? An hour in the saddle IMO. 7 miles wouldn't count in my rules.

I agree, the 7 miles was cheap considering it was 22 min riding time. Well in that case I had 6 days, 50/20/20/20/29/11, the 11 was mtb. I think an hour would be a good bar.

J-Dro

Why focus on riding many consecutive days? What about recovery time for your muscles and for your body to replace depleted resources? Overtraining in any single activity can reach diminishing returns. IMO, focus on the quality of your workouts, not the quantity. Mix it up. Weight train, run, play tennis, whatever.

metaldork

i was a messenger for 2 1/2 years. 8-10 hours every workday plus getting around town and recreational rides on the weekend. didn't ride every single day during that time but it's still a lot.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Why focus on riding many consecutive days? What about recovery time for your muscles and for your body to replace depleted resources? Overtraining in any single activity can reach diminishing returns. IMO, focus on the quality of your workouts, not the quantity. Mix it up. Weight train, run, play tennis, whatever.

I felt good all those days, so why stop? I am riding, not training. I was off the bike for almost 2 weeks and i just want to ride. I pretty much always ride when I can, because I have found that when I decided not to ride when there is an option too, I ended up not riding for a week.

LandCruiser

I did 14 days, including a couple double sessions at Allaire. This coincided with purchasing my first 29er and luvin every minute of it. Unfortunately, the family trip to Cape May killed the streak (Overruled by the wife).

D

DANSPANK

Doesn't Jim automatically win this? He rides to work daily, races on weekends, and get's 16k miles a year right?

I'm not playing.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I try not to ride every day, not with the current price of gas. Although I did get 6 of 7 days in last week.

Mare

Why? To see what you are made of. :) Seriously.

Mare

Does the trainer count? If not, then 3 for me.

I say yes. Of course I can offer my 2 cents here, but I don't ride many days without a break. Consider me the outsider here to referee this. That and considerably bored out of my mind at work.

Top Bottom