More women in Cyclocross ...

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
This being my first year racing cyclocross full time, I am usually the only woman who also regularly races mountain bikes. Most of the ladies on the start line are road racers. Cyclocross is a excellent form of cross training for mountain biking. This past Sunday at Fair Hills in Maryland my average heartrate for the 40 minute race was 168 BPM, it definately makes you a stronger rider. The cyclocross season is in full swing now with races going into the second weekend of December. You don't need a cyclocross specific bike to race, there are racers using a typical mountain bike without bar ends who do just fine. So come on ladies get out and give it a try, see ya at the races!

RC ... :)

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Oh wait, you meant more women RACING cyclocross. I read that wrong;)

You just gotta go to the big races, there's like a million girls. Or instead of racing, one could start by going to the Rutgers practices, there are a few newbie ladies that show up every week.

-Jim.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Oh wait, you meant more women RACING cyclocross. I read that wrong;)

You just gotta go to the big races, there's like a million girls. Or instead of racing, one could start by going to the Rutgers practices, there are a few newbie ladies that show up every week.

-Jim.

OK, I said Women Mountain Bike Racers I've raced at the big events and I don't know anyone. There are a few riders from MTBNJ who want to race and I'm trying to pass the word along. Elieen, Pokgirl and others

RC ... :)

Top Bottom