More to come!!!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I just got back from a 2 hour walk in the woods with the Naturalist from the D&R parks commission.

We scouted a whole new section that has some elevation change and amazing landscape.

I am super amped to cut this new section.

I can't give much away yet but I promise that it will be a great add on. I am not sure the total length yet but I think it should add 2 miles or more.

I figure that I will begin cutting this in the early fall. An organized trail day might be in hand.

j-

warcricket

Like a Jerk
I just got back from a 2 hour walk in the woods with the Naturalist from the D&R parks commission.

We scouted a whole new section that has some elevation change and amazing landscape.

I am super amped to cut this new section.

I can't give much away yet but I promise that it will be a great add on. I am not sure the total length yet but I think it should add 2 miles or more.

I figure that I will begin cutting this in the early fall. An organized trail day might be in hand.

j-

which side?

jdog

Shop Keep
which side?

West side.

I am really stoked on this.. It was in my mind all day.

This will be a BIG trail build that will most likely take me most of the winter.

i hope to have it rideable by x-mas.

J_

Deezul

I'd defiantly be willing to help. I don't have tools or know how but I can lift and carry heavy things

jdog

Shop Keep
If anyone can swing early am weekdays that is the best for me. Otherwise I will round up a group for a few Sundays.

I am going to start marking some new lines next week and begin cutting not long after.

j-

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think Ben used that once. But you probably beat me these days. Though I was on the bike at 5:04 or so yesterday, but that was on the road. Six Mile isn't exactly across the street from me.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
we are probably about the same, if I ride road before work I will start between 5 and 5:15...one time in the winter I hit the road at 4:30 and that was just too early.

6 mile is about 20-25 min for me at that early...

jimmysnukastyle

New Trails

I'm in - would love to help. Rode the new mile last night - great stuff - place is getting better and better. Thanks for all that you guys do.
Dan

jdog

Shop Keep
Here is a rough idea of what it next to come. This will more than double the length of the Red trail. It will also make the RED trail a LEGAL MTB trail!!!

I usually go out about 7-8 am. I now have the OK to drive my truck out there too! There is a water crossing in this route so start saving wood.

J_

6mile08revision.jpg

Last edited:

warcricket

Like a Jerk
They need to rename 6 - mile in your honor. At least a statue
You are an animal :getsome:

i thought the big wood guy was j...

anyway, thats friggin sick! my only question is does it loop back on to the red trail?

i'm good for early trail things most of summer.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
This sounds awesome - I am in for any weekend help - I am already slaving away for THE MAN by 7:30 in the morning.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions