More to come!!!

warcricket

Like a Jerk
is there a new cut in the works on the blue side?
near the exit of the yellow trail, where it the trail dips into the woods via bridge for a little in between the fields?
it's cut out pretty wide...

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
near the exit of the yellow trail, where it the trail dips into the woods via bridge for a little in between the fields?

Nope.

Go back to the first few pages of this thread.

j-

warcricket

Like a Jerk
Nope.

Go back to the first few pages of this thread.

j-

i don't think there was anything mentioned about it on here before.

just curious cause it looks like someone went through there with a machete in and cleared a substantial path in a trail like fashion

Wobbegong

I didnt see this. Are you talking near where the yellow connects to the farm field blue trail?

jdog

Shop Keep
There are some weird cuts in many spots.

I found a connector trail that someone threw in recently. We closed it off.

This stuff won't fly.

Wobbegong

There are some weird cuts in many spots.

I found a connector trail that someone threw in recently. We closed it off.

This stuff won't fly.

I saw that too. Glad you closed it. I branched off one of the small cuts on the new reroute in the twisty section. It also looks like someone has been digging up roots in a few places. Not good.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Digging up roots? Isn't life too short for that kind of manual labor? Don't wee off-shore that kinda stuff these days?

warcricket

Like a Jerk
I didnt see this. Are you talking near where the yellow connects to the farm field blue trail?

yea right after the yellow connects to the blue field trail. where it dips into the woods, and soon thereafter exits back out to the fields. i'll point it out on tomorrow's ride.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow..Norm's all fired up this morning. :mad2:

Just making sure you're all paying attention.

But seriously, given the number of roots in any park, digging them up seems mindless at best, doesn't it? Aren't there like 5000 roots in any given park?

jdog

Shop Keep
We Are IN!

So Spence and I went out in the woods for a final walk through with some folks from the parks Dept. They gave us the go ahead to start any time with a trail day.

Keep Sept 14th open!

Basically we can do what we want within reason in the section near Jaques lane.

This is a big, ambitious additon. I hope you guys are fired up to help out.

peas

J_

Wobbegong

So Spence and I went out in the woods for a final walk through with some folks from the parks Dept. They gave us the go ahead to start any time with a trail day.

Keep Sept 14th open!

Basically we can do what we want within reason in the section near Jaques lane.

This is a big, ambitious additon. I hope you guys are fired up to help out.

peas

J_

Great News J! Wish I could have been there today, but work is tough these days.

I think its great that the park staff is behind our efforts so completely.

More great trails for Six Mile Run. :getsome: And a Bike Legal Red Trail in the near future!!!

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
this still looking good?

just in case - with all the hurricanes coming up - any rain date?

jdog

Shop Keep
this still looking good?

just in case - with all the hurricanes coming up - any rain date?

I have not considered a rain date.

I will be out there in the rain. I actually have a park service guy coming out to run a chainsaw for the the day. This is the first time that the park has committed man hours of paid workers for trail building. This is a huge step.

So if it pours It will be the next Sunday I guess. Otherwise be there at 9.

We will be parking at the trail crossing on S. Middlebush at 9am. I will have the key to the gate there so we can park as many cars as needed in that driveway.

J_

sixseven

J- I checked out the lumber that I have and I am pretty sure it is NOT pressure treated. It doesn't have that green tint to it and has no markings on it. Let me know if you still want it, it is in great shape.
I don't think I can make the TM that day, volunteering for Jorbafest and headed to Riverhead Race Track that evening for the school bus demolition derby. All weather dependant.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
the girlfriends dad just ripped a deck down, i dont know if i have a car big enough to transport all the wood!

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
the girlfriends dad just ripped a deck down, i dont know if i have a car big enough to transport all the wood!

That's awesome! Is the wood in good shape?

J -
I plan to be there, with scuba gear if necessary.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions