More to come!!!

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I cut a new, more direct path today that should make crossing S. Middlebush a lot easier and safer.

Give it a shot and let me know what you guys think.

j-

Jason,

You might want to add a "Street Crossing" sign up that trail. Any rider not familiar with the trail might come speeding down & into traffic.

Thanks for all the work.

Gary

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Jason,

You might want to add a "Street Crossing" sign up that trail. Any rider not familiar with the trail might come speeding down & into traffic.

Thanks for all the work.

Gary

The parks dept asked me to re-route the trail such that a direct crossing could be made.

They have intentions of putting in signage and a crosswalk in the future.

Thanks

J_

alex_k

J_,

can we add few nice clean logs somewhere on 27 site? at least they won't disappear soon... maybe a new short section for logs lovers like me...

Thanks
-Alex

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
The parks dept asked me to re-route the trail such that a direct crossing could be made.

They have intentions of putting in signage and a crosswalk in the future.

Thanks

J_

crosswalk and sign definately needed here...I thought it would be dangerous but the reroutes give plenty of time to slow down before the road.

jdog

Shop Keep
I did a bit of digging this AM on the 27 side.

Just a little berm sculpting. Any thoughts??

J_

jimmysnukastyle

Signage

Spoke with D&R Canal Commission last week to follow up - that signage is still in the works - I'll stay on it and keep all posted.

Signage on the street for crossing bikes also is in the works - much farther out though because of permitting and coordination ---> Township, D&R Canal, County, State etc.

Dan

jdog

Shop Keep
UPDATE:

We have one last approval from the state before we can begin cutting this section. As this section is not just a re-route is requires much more red tape than I have ever seen. State Fire Fighting regulations are the last step.

I hope to have a mile of this new section cut by hunting season.

I will keep you posted.

J_

The Kalmyk

UPDATE:

We have one last approval from the state before we can begin cutting this section. As this section is not just a re-route is requires much more red tape than I have ever seen. State Fire Fighting regulations are the last step.

I hope to have a mile of this new section cut by hunting season.

I will keep you posted.

J_

Keep in touch on these matters:)

jdog

Shop Keep
Very Soon!!

UPDATE!

I am doing a final walk-through with the park officials next Friday. After that we should be good to go for a new trail build-out.

Sept 14th will be the build day. I will do the marking and some rough cut before this date.

I just got the go ahead from the park to host a trail day on the 14th!.

NOTE:
There is a water crossing in the section that needs a bridge. I can just about drive up to this spot so getting wood in here will be very simple.

Please keep an eye out for pressure treated 2 x 6's and 2x 8's of any length. I have been able to build most of the bridges out there so far w/o putting out much cash. I am hoping for the same this time around. I am also in need of treated decking screws and other hardware.

This is going to be a killer trail.

J_

Last edited:

jdog

Shop Keep
yah!

Good stuff J.

Are you aware that is Jorbafest weekend?

Yeper.

But that is on Sat. This is Sunday. Ride Sat. Build a new trail on Sunday.

Made sense to me.

It was also the only day on the MTBNJ calendar that looked pretty clear..

So we will see you, right??

J-

J-Dro

Hmm I was kind of planning on camping at the Mooch on Saturday night. I should be able to get down there at some point though. Then I leave for Fruita on the 17th. Yikes, September is going to be a busy month.

sixseven

Hey J, I have about 5-6 2x10s that are 10-14 feet long here. I am not sure if they are PT, but they are in great shape. I will check them out in the morning and see. If they are good you can have them. I can get some lumber from work too, gratis. I think I could get some deck screws as well.
I most likely will have no way of getting all this to the trail so of they could be picked up and I could get a lift too that would be great. I am totally up for a trail building day. Count me in.

jdog

Shop Keep
Hey J, I have about 5-6 2x10s that are 10-14 feet long here. I am not sure if they are PT, but they are in great shape. I will check them out in the morning and see. If they are good you can have them. I can get some lumber from work too, gratis. I think I could get some deck screws as well.
I most likely will have no way of getting all this to the trail so of they could be picked up and I could get a lift too that would be great. I am totally up for a trail building day. Count me in.

I can totally use that stuff. I can pick it up too.

J_

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I will be there, pending negotiations with the wife...should be good since I have off the next day and will be with my son all day long.

THATmanMANNY

Trail signs on South Middlebush

WOAH

Those brown trail signs at the South Middlebush crossing took me by surprise this morn. Good stuff. They weren't there yesterday morn.

They are definately big enough to not miss and definately made me take my foot off the gas. Then I looked at my rear view mirror after passing the sign but it didn't seem the oncoming traffic was slowing down or braking coming to it. Soon enough they will get the hint people cross there...

Wobbegong

WOAH

Those brown trail signs at the South Middlebush crossing took me by surprise this morn. Good stuff. They weren't there yesterday morn.

They are definately big enough to not miss and definately made me take my foot off the gas. Then I looked at my rear view mirror after passing the sign but it didn't seem the oncoming traffic was slowing down or braking coming to it. Soon enough they will get the hint people cross there...

Good to hear they got the signs up.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions