More to come!!!

Wobbegong

i thought the big wood guy was j...

anyway, thats friggin sick! my only question is does it loop back on to the red trail?

i'm good for early trail things most of summer.

The park staff wanted it to end/start at the parking area on Jacques Lane. We would prefer to have it continue to the existing trail head.

J-Dro

The park staff wanted it to end/start at the parking area on Jacques Lane. We would prefer to have it continue to the existing trail head.

I didn't know there was a parking area on Jacques Lane.:confused:

I can see having the trail pass through the parking area, but to start/end there doesn't make much sense. How do you work that into a loop without just doing an out & back?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
look closer grasshopper

I can see having the trail pass through the parking area, but to start/end there doesn't make much sense. How do you work that into a loop without just doing an out & back?

This is about pleasing the park folks. They think that the red trail is to dangerous for mt bikes. This will help. After this new section is cut the red trail may mysteriously become legal.

They really want Non-hunters using the jaques La-Lane lot for some reason.

Look at the dotted lines that intersect the red trail..

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
i found this parking lot on the aerials, not very far from the red, I assume it will link in at some point?

J-Dro

This is about pleasing the park folks. They think that the red trail is to dangerous for mt bikes. This will help. After this new section is cut the red trail may mysteriously become legal.

They really want Non-hunters using the jaques La-Lane lot for some reason.

Look at the dotted lines that intersect the red trail..

I totally understand the need to keep the Park folks happy and the politics that goes along with it. This wasn't meant to be a criticism of the trail layout because I'm sure you thought of all the possibilities. I saw the dots but wasn't sure what they meant. Like maybe you dropped the marker or something.:p

Wobbegong

Jaques has been nicely paved, even better for road bike now.

Like Jdog said, we have to work with them to keep things going.

jdog

Shop Keep
so are the dotted lines connecting trails?

I guess you will have to wait and see..

All this is just an Idea.

Feel free to scout out this area and let me know if there is any terrain you want to hit.

I have approval for this basic layout but I can take some liberty in design if needed.

J_

D

DANSPANK

Feel free to scout out this area and let me know if there is any terrain you want to hit. J_

I already did. I told you about it. And you seem to have posted it on here as your own idea! Cheeky bastard!

jdog

Shop Keep
I already did. I told you about it. And you seem to have posted it on here as your own idea! Cheeky bastard!

Nice.

I was afraid to cut into this area at first as it is heavily hunted. This may be tricky in the fall but with a chainsaw in hand they might give me some slack..

we shall see.

jdog

Shop Keep
New Cut this AM.

I cut a new, more direct path today that should make crossing S. Middlebush a lot easier and safer.

Give it a shot and let me know what you guys think.

j-

D

DANSPANK

If it didn't rain last night then they'll be a bit more dry than they were yesterday and yesterday they were really good. Some puddles, yes, but grip was really good - even in the twisties. In fact it was screamingly fast to be honest! I love those trails!

I did slip on a route, bang my knee and crack my head though - good job I was wearing a helmet!

jsdranger

are there easier ways around in the red trail to make it more appealing to a beginner rider. like ways around those big drops and climbs through the valleys, maybe a softer way to cross the streams that cut through those trails? or do we have only to walk down and up those parts of the trails

can there be trails to cut in to work around those areas? or is that asking to much

I would be in for some cutting new trails on weekends,

warcricket

Like a Jerk
are there easier ways around in the red trail to make it more appealing to a beginner rider. like ways around those big drops and climbs through the valleys, maybe a softer way to cross the streams that cut through those trails? or do we have only to walk down and up those parts of the trails

can there be trails to cut in to work around those areas? or is that asking to much

I would be in for some cutting new trails on weekends,

one of those still gives me trouble, but just go at it! they're fun as hell and make the red trail what it is!

D

DANSPANK

I'd suggest just going for it. One day you'll make it and the sense of achievement will be so good! If you have the option to avoid it then you may never try it and perhaps not improve too much.

Mk1Racer

J,

I pulled out the chainsaw the other day. For some reason, it's not getting fuel, so I'll have to do some work on it. Once's it's done, LMK and we'll head out there one Wed. AM.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions