More Bears!

NJMX835

I agree there seems to still be a booming bear population but at the same time we live where they live....I don't want to see another hunt. My house is right near the tagging station and I am sick of redneck wanna be's that shoot cubs and leave them on the side of the road to get tagged and certified...furthermore most of these guys I will say are obnoxious to people in the neighborhoods and disrespectful from my past experiences. Since there is no hunt the past 2 years I have to say I'm happy about it and the bears are not a problem unless your dumb. People who leave trash out in bear areas deserve to have it dragged and scattered around their yard....also don't get between mom and the cubs or too close and even then they have never attacked a single person in NJ. Also they are pretty fun to watch wandering about and playing in the trees.

X2, well said!

I live on the opposite end of Cherry Ridge road from you, plently of bears over here too, never had any problems with them though.

I average about 2 bears per ride, 98% run as soon as they see you, some of the bigger one's will just sit there & look at you, but I've never felt threatened.

Generally, people who have problems with bears bring it on themselves (feeding the bears, leaving garbage\food out, etc.)

pinkshirtphotos

mtbnja.jpg

edit... had to get some finishing touches

Last edited:
S

Stinky1

ok you win lol, but i spent literally 1 minute making mine. You graphic designer you! i didnt think to color his upper body orange, good thinking!

And yes New Jersey definately has a people problem and not a bear problem. I think we should help control the people population and have our kids spayed and neutered. Que "The Price is Right Music".

DD-

You guys jinxed me...I was doing great this season with only seeing bears at a distance. Then I read this post, and go for a hike in Mahlon a few days later with mom...We were happily hiking up the Mine Trail from Weldon Road on our way up (eventually) to High Point, when I notice a nice black object on the trail :eek: ...Hey mom, there's a bear on the trail...her face was priceless :scared:, she had me walk back to the parking lot on the road - I think it will be a while before she wants to hike in Mahlon.

Top Bottom