'mooch this sat (5/6)?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
is anyone planning on riding there this saturday morning (5/6)...say 7:30 or 8:00ish? i'd like to go but don't know my way around at all. if there is anyone heading out, let me know.

jake

ytc100

I have tenatative plans for Saturday at the mooch (depending on the weather). Probably more like 10am though.

There are several well marked trails there though so if you haven't been there before you can follow the blazed trails.

The attached map is a combo of the 2 existing maps that are out there and is more usable in my opinion. I'd suggest parking at waterloo, ride the rail trail past cranberry lake and then hang a left into the park on the green. Take the green to the white and make the left. Follow that all the way back to the waterloo lot. Around 11 miles but 3 or so are just rail trail.
Of course you could follow any of the blazed trails.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
Scott - COOL MAP!
Jake - You might want to contact the guys at Cycleworks on Rte. 206 in Byram. Sometimes they ride there early, they also have some decent maps of both Allamuchy and Deer Park. I'm not sure what time they open, but at the very least, they may be able to leave a map out for you (they are about 5 minutes from the Waterloo Road trail head).

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
thanks for the map scott! maybe i'll run up there and check it out on my own. like i said, i've never been so i don't really know what to expect but that seems to be a pretty manageable loop...even for my clydesdale @ss. i'll check with the cycleworks folks as well. i need to get in a bit better shape before i ride with the guys from marty's.

jake

Last edited:

ytc100

I'll be there at 10am tomorrow with a few buddies.
We'll be stopping at the tops of hills and such during our 2-3 hour ride.
No rush, just out for fun bouncing off rocks.
Come along if you can.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok, i'm in. i just spoke to the wife. where are you going to meet?

i have a date with my little girls and a park tomorrow so i'm maxed at about two hours. let me know...i'll check this in the am...probably around 9:00 or so.

Last edited:

ytc100

We are meeting at the Waterloo lot. Rt. 80 to exit 25, follow signs for waterloo exit on your right. Make a right at the next light and follow the road to it's end at a "T" intersection. You'll see the parking area right across the street.
Can't guarantee exactly how long we'll be out there though, depends on where we go and how we're feeling. Most likely we'll be out there closer to 3 hours with stopping and all.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
scott-
thanks for letting me tag along...i had a BLAST!

as for my first impressions of the mooch, well, it's a whole different ball game there! some of the sections are similar are similar to splitrock, but not a whole lot. what an amazing and incredibly humbling place to ride. being 15 minutes away is a great thing...especially now that i know a little bit about it. hopefully next time ice cream won't hurt me so bad!!

thanks again steve, and please let me know when you're going to head there again so i can serve as your anchor!! :D

jake

ytc100

Glad you enjoyed the ride. I had a blast myself. I'll post more of these rides all season and you're welcome to come along.

Top Bottom