Montreal/Quebec city

BCurry

Hi
I am planning family vacation to Montreal and Quebec City, for this summer. I am thinking 2 days in Montreal and 3 in Quebec City area. Looking for can’t miss things to see and do around the areas. As of right now all I have planned is a trip up the funicular in Quebec.

Riding isn’t a big priority for this trip, but suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

roc

Hi
I am planning family vacation to Montreal and Quebec City, for this summer. I am thinking 2 days in Montreal and 3 in Quebec City area. Looking for can’t miss things to see and do around the areas. As of right now all I have planned is a trip up the funicular in Quebec.

Riding isn’t a big priority for this trip, but suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brian
Quebec City is really cool, just walking around old town, you’ll feel like you’re in Europe. Mt st. Anne is not far from Quebec City and worth checking out. Good hikes, there is also riding. Great views of the St Lawrence.

grilledcheeseking

QC:

Stop into the hotel bar at Chateau Frontenac and be a pretend (or real?) balleur.

Touring La Citadelle is pretty interesting.

Poutine

Stroll around, particularly Old Quebec, and forget that this is a place you can drive to.

pygmypony

we're having my annual fantasy football draft in Montreal this year (our first international!)...would be interested in any Montreal travel tidbits as well...especially good craft beer spots!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Vale Bras du Nord.

Give your family a wad of cash then go up there and ride both sections. Pure awesome.

QC has great food. Yelp your way to happiness.

QC:
The Citadel was neat.
There was a free walking tour that was awesome I would recommend.
Just walk around the city after the walking tour

Montreal:
I'll ceded to @Dominique mostly
That science place was pretty cool, if you have kids go there
Good food is easy to find

JDurk

Following along on this, work conference in QC next Wed-Fri. Staying in Old Port Quebec area.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@BCurry - Schwartz's is fine but being what you are in life, don't go out of your way to go there. If you have to, I say Fairmount Bagels are a great side trip.

If you want I can try to find the specific restaurants we have gone to.

Kids? Ages?

BCurry

@Norm daughter is closing in on 7, so I’m sure she will love the funicular; and Val bras de nord looks awesome.
Quebec City looks like it should be super easy to find plenty of culture and outside activity’s in. Montreal doesn’t seem as obvious.
Dining wise we are not super particular, we travel with a child on a strict Mac and cheese/spaghetti and meatball diet, so that sometimes limits us. Any recommendations though, please let me know.

Thanks again

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
There are lots of things to do with a kid in Montreal. There’s the science center, a ropes obstacle course (big ship), bouncy houses, labyrinth all in the old port. There’s the Biodôme and insectarium at the Olympic Park.

Top Bottom