Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How about a monthly newsletter?

We could include stuff like:

race results/highlights
TM project updates/highlights
local news
site related news

In the works, for sure. Kinda tied up recently getting sponsors for the team so this is low on the radar, but for sure it will be something that gets done. Though I'm looking for it to be totally team focused. Perhaps we could consider 2.

SpartaBard

yeah, maybe a team mtbnj one to start would be a good idea. It would probably be easier to implement.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The main roadblock to a site newsletter is that we need people to contribute. If people are interested I'd love to have more content and different direction.

SpartaBard

right. I am not volunteering right now, but I will keep throwing ideas around inside my head. Besides, soon enough there will not be much to write about except for winter shoes.

N

Neen

but there are so many options for that - with plastic bags, without plastic bags...... :rofl:
sorry, not helpful at all.

Mare

I love taking photos...I can always take a bunch when we do mtbnj stuff to put in the newsletter. I can also write articles as topics arise. When things pop up, let me know how I can help out.

The cinnabon is making me hungry!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i never fall....

*crosses fingers and hopes really hard that noone who has seen him fall one of the numerous times is reading this....

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I love taking photos...I can always take a bunch when we do mtbnj stuff to put in the newsletter. I can also write articles as topics arise. When things pop up, let me know how I can help out.

The cinnabon is making me hungry!

Awesomely awesome. I'll be sure to let you know!

Wazu

Monthly newsletter.... everyone wants one but actually putting one together, on time, each month is a stressful job with almost no thanks. Been there. I'd be in favor for live chat though. More users would come and we could plan rides and other things without playing email tag, pm tag or posting tag. Of course I don't know about what the actual logistics are of getting chat in here to begin with. I'm not pc saavy. Don't we already get some kind of newsletter once a month in our emails with events and such? I thought I remember getting a few from Shaggz.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
If you decide to do it I could do all your design and layout and such. Also I know printers and can get prices, can set up internal skeds, etc. Let me know -

NickDavid

Owners, being that I've owned forums before, I wouldn't waste your time with a physical publication. Just create a forum for monthly newsletters and send out emails to the members. Make sure you have enough content to grant a monthly newsletter. Also, be sure it's gramatically correct and capturing.

Good luck. If ya need any tips, let me know. I design these for my company weekly.

SpartaBard

Owners, being that I've owned forums before, I wouldn't waste your time with a physical publication. Just create a forum for monthly newsletters and send out emails to the members. Make sure you have enough content to grant a monthly newsletter. Also, be sure it's gramatically correct and capturing.

Good luck. If ya need any tips, let me know. I design these for my company weekly.

I agree, I was envisioning an e-newsletter.

Shaggz

A strong 7
so are we.

justin, thanks for the offer. we will keep it mind if we need to do any type of "physical" printing and layouts.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks guys for the suggestions. Both my wife and Kirt were in the print industry for years so we probably have that covered, but if not we'll absolutely look for help. NickD - thanks for the offers, and I agree. The newsletters are for sponsors as well, as they like to see some semblance of professionalism. Spell checking, indeed, is a big one.

If we ever get to the point where we have a tent at some function, we may print some up. Otherwise I tend to agree an actual physical newsletter has little value.

Top Bottom