Monster @ Blue partially closed!!!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
For LACK of the "OTHER AREAS" section :rolleyes: I'll post it here...

Did u guys see what happened to Monster??!!?? :(
This SUCKS!!

from WMBA

closedmonster.jpg

J-Dro

Wow this blows. I guess the trail has been on private property all along and the owner just decided to close it off. I would be very surprised if a re-route isn't compete by fall, but maybe jbogner can give more detail.

There are lots of fun loops at Blue but I always seem to include Monster lately. This is truly sad.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
el/jbogner other Blue-ies,

Let me know when re-route trailwork is scheduled, I'll summon the troops...;)

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
For trail re-route action, ask WMBArace and/or Dave Delucia. I know they're working on a re-route plan.

Once they've got it set, it won't take long to get it built- there are A LOT of people who want to get that trail up and running again! ;)

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Checked out the RE-ROUTE on Sat...
Awesome Job in a short period of time. I always do MONSTER in the "opposite way" so this RE-Route actually adds more climbing, but it is pretty neat. It definitely needs to be broken-in.

I saw a dude at the exact point where it is blocked and a lot of NO TRESPASSING sings. I told him it was closed and pointed to the reroute. He didn't care!! HE rode right through! Then we caught up to him later on and I asked him about it, he didnt care. Oh well... some people JUST DONT UNDERSTAND.

I must say, I think the reroute actually makes the trail longer!! Sweet!

We hit all the good stuff, but skipped Debacle due to time constraints.
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6955784

Norm, where is the OTHER AREAS you promised me ;) ??
I'm not buying any more schwag until I see it....oh wait, I already bought one of everything :rolleyes:

TonyC

Checked out the RE-ROUTE on Sat...
Awesome Job in a short period of time. I always do MONSTER in the "opposite way" so this RE-Route actually adds more climbing, but it is pretty neat. It definitely needs to be broken-in.

:

I was there on Sunday and did 1/2 of Monster clockwise and it's pretty technical w/bursts of climbing. Coming back down was a hoot.
Missed debacle, stinger and my favorite trail, but hit most of everything else.
Love Blue.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I hit monster Sunday as well, but counter clockwise. It was quite nice. As el said, could use to break in a bit, maybe some more bench cut too, but very fun and much longer. It also accesses a geographically different area up high. Lots of pines, some real tight turns too. Great job to WMBA in short turn around. ...... Fall foliage should be peak there next week.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Finally got a chance to ride the re-route this morning. They did a great job, and as it breaks in it'll continue to get better. Loved the views up toward the top of Blue Mountain- big hulking mass of rock to the left, open drainage with clear sightlines to the right. Can't beat a re-route that actually adds a significant amount of trail...

Top Bottom