Monmouth County trail training workshop March 16th 10 am to 12 pm (for Hartshorne Woods)

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
This training class is mandatory if you want to help out with trails maintenance at Hartshorne woods.

I think it would be better if we have more mountain bikers at the Hartshorne TM's'. It will only straighten our position.

From MCPS:

Saturday, March 16 from 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Join our Trails Team!
(ages 16 & up)
Volunteer Training
Thompson Park Visitor Center, Lincroft
Become a Trails Team Member and help maintain over 140 miles of trails in the Monmouth County Park System. Members are required to attend one of our training workshops prior to volunteering on the trails.

Best regards,

Tracy Shiffman
Coordinator of Volunteers
Monmouth County Park System
805 Newman Springs Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
732-842-4000, ext. 4283
www.monmouthcountyparks.com

@MissJR could you post this in next weeks "what's going on this weekend thread"?

w_b

I've been to the class, so i don't have to go. However, I might just go and have a presence at the workshop. I want to talk more to them about the connector path between harts and huber.

Saturdays are usually a nogo for me but I may call in a favor for this. I was happy to see someone made a dropout to the road from that swampass connector trail to avoid the worst of it. So yeah some actual trail maintenance would be nice there and I’m just the one to do it.

RobW

I've been to the class, so i don't have to go. However, I might just go and have a presence at the workshop. I want to talk more to them about the connector path between harts and huber.
Connector path between claypit lot and hartshorne is state land... not sure what all they can do.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
It was mentioned previously here on the hartshorne trail conditions. I believe it may have been @SmooveP. Pat is that correct? See above

I'm not sure what the issue is, but they can't build any structure without a million-zillion permits, so it's probably state land.

I spoke to Tracey about this section, I think they can do raised trail section.

edit: Ok, so now I'm officially old and forgetting shit. It's state land based on my old post.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
It’s a swamp. They need to reroute it close to Hartshorne rd. Or dump 100 loads of fill in there.

TimBay

Thanks for posting! I'll be there. Do you have to register, or just show up? Should I bring anything? Clippers? Rake? Beer?

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Ok, for those on the fence. You'll get a cool long sleeve parks t shirt and maybe a cool (not cook) hat. Edit word

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions