Monday "social" ride through the Watchungs...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Hey all, this is just an invite to any who may be interested in doing a "laid-back" and/or "social" road ride around the 'Chungs...Ride is just under 2 hours at about 16-17mph average(maybe even slower depending on Sunday's events)...rolling terrain with 2 minor climbs (Chimney Rock Road and the back of Washington Rock Road)...We'll meet at my house(off of Washington Ave in Piscataway), and shoot to leave by 5pm so we can get back before it's dark...It may be a little short notice for today, but make it if you can...

-Jim.

Last edited:

dhsean

Too late

You need to drop it back to 5:30, so I can make it. I could leave work early next week. I didn't bring my bike to work today since I'm having trouble walking. I think I'll recover tonight by sitting on the coach eating chocolate bunnies. I'm in for next week though.

Steve Vai

We can drop it back to 5:30 once it starts getting dark around 7:30pm...

And Fred, I didn't do anything to Sean, Chris G and gang beat him up on Saturday and handed him over to me to finish off at Allaire yesterday. Also I think our hill loop on Thursday in the wind didn't help, my legs just started to feel good again Saturday afternoon on my ride home...

-Jim.

dhsean

It hurts!

Thursday tornado ride with you and Jim. Friday Cheesequake sprint fest since the multiuse trail is only fun if you go fast. Saturday riding Heartshorne/Huber with ChrisG, Marc, Check, etc... Quote from Chuck "you seem a bit off today". Sunday Allaire with Jim, Marc, Mitch, and Mike. First 15 minute sprint fest "I'll just ignore the pain" Last 2 hours "how can it hurt so bad?" All of this on a fully rigid hardtail, I'm a little beat up since I still ride like I'm on a full squish.

Too much with no recovery. I'm just so excited to ride the new bike I just kept going out. I'll be ready for thursday hill climbing.

Steve Vai

Good ride Fred!!

Me and Fred held it down once again. Pace was a little higher than recovery(16 and change), but I'm excited to be on my new road bike so oh well!! Fred has a map somewhere that maybe he'll post at some point?

-Jim.

Steve Vai

3/31/08 ride...

Ride is on at 5:30 tonight...Pace will be a little slower, I put about 4 hours in on the bike plus 3 hours of TM in the morning so I'm pretty sore all around:D

See ya'll later

-Jim.

Steve Vai

Ride cancelled

Apparently, Mrs. Nature doesn't know Mondays are for riding, not for raining...Time to recover the good 'ole fashioned way, on the couch:D!!

-Jim.

dhsean

I'm so sad...

But I brought my bike to work and everything. Even 2 cytomax bottles to kill it. Lying on the couch, some stretching, and some beer it is then. I'm so sad. :(

I'll be doing a recovery ride Wednesday around 5:30 on the flats around River road, Busch / Livingston campus, etc... after my destructive power gym day tomorrow. If anybody wants to be social let me know.

NOTE: This will be a real recovery ride. I'll stick a stick in your wheel if you shift into the big gear. :getsome:

dhsean

Any rides going on this monday? I will bring my bike to work. I rode at Heartshorne from 8:15 - 2:00 today with various groups so I'm shot, it will be on the flats recovery type ride. No hills. Anybody in, 5:30ish, Rutgers Busch Campus area?

Steve Vai

I'm recovering the good 'ole fashioned way...By sitting on the couch and watching tv:D My legs are trashed from yesterday, I don't think I could ever ride slow enough to actually recover on the bike today...Have fun...

-Jim.

T

tyng

can someone post the bike route in watchung? a map or something...

dhsean

Sonic Boom!

Listen for the "sonic boom" when I pass by your house on the way back. I figure River Road, Chimney Rock, Washington Valley, gentle backside of Washington Rock, back to Busch campus.

dhsean

Jim has a few Google map route links he can probably post. Some may be posted around here already if you search. I'm not at home so I don't have the links here to post.

walter

Fourth Party

Click on ArmyofNone's link on the first page of this thread, can give you an idea.

Just for the record, you know these guys are talking about road rides and not mountain bike rides, correct?

Top Bottom