Mohican 100

xc62701

Hey peeps. Just looking ahead to the next adventure. Is anyone from here headed out to the Mohican 100 in Ohio? That's my next stop on the NUE 100 tour. I've got a couple of races in between but this is my next big race. I should be doing the Tour de Lake, Wawayand and Tymor in the meantime. Let me know.

D

dzm3

Did you do teh Cohutta?

My buddy Max and I will be at Mohican... Prolly slowly bringing up the rear.

dz

xc62701

Yea man I was there and tore it up...well hypothetically speaking... I finished 64th in a time of 9:46:16. I was stoked to break the 10 hr mark.

Mohican's next...
then Wilderness 101
then Shenandoah 100...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm inspired by your insanity Ryan. Well done, keep up the good work.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Mohican's next...
then Wilderness 101
then Shenandoah 100...

My fellow High Gear co-horts are trying to talk me into the 101, Tim and Bert do it every year and say it's a blast, I have no plans yet, but my arm can be twisted I'm sure;)

-Jim.

xc62701

What's your favorite beer...I'll donate a 6 pack to the cause... Come on this will be round two of the 101 for me. It'd be nice to have some more company!

Steve Vai

Actually, I just checked the date, it's the Saturday after Mt.Snow nationals...Getting back-to-back weekend excursions past both my job and my wife may be hard, but I'll see what I can pull;)

-Jim.

rayder

doesn't drink beer

Hey Jim this is Ray with the blur(aka Go Big). I don't drink beer either but I agree there's not too many of us out therre. As for a 100 miler I think I'd be found on the trail some days later being eaten by vultures.

xc62701

I don't drink beer much but when I do it's good! I think a lot of people over estimate the 100 milers. Either that or I'm waaaaay too stubborn. They aren't really technically demanding for the most part, you just need to keep the wheels moving. You'll cramp, and they'll pass, them cramp some more, then walk some then cramp some more and by the time you know it you're done...lol. Put in some long days before to know what you're getting in for and register and do one. There's always bail out points if you get in trouble. You never know until you try...

Steve Vai

Hey Jim this is Ray with the blur(aka Go Big). I don't drink beer either but I agree there's not too many of us out therre. As for a 100 miler I think I'd be found on the trail some days later being eaten by vultures.

Wussup GoBig!!

D

dzm3

Good work, Ryan!!! Last year we got 13 hours at SM100, hoping to break 10 hours at at least one of the hundies this year. We are doing Mohican, Wilderness and SM as well.

The key for me was hydration and energy replenishment. I went thru 5+ full 100oz camelbaks with HEED and 5 32oz bottles of Perpeteum.

I was stopping to take a leek almost every hour, and after the finish had to force myself to eat a burger, cos i wasn't really hungry, from all the perpeteum.

like Ryan said, steady was the key.

planning to minimize the time spent at the aid stations and not have any mechanicals, hoping that this alone would save us about 2+ hours over the course of the day.

dz

xc62701

Yea I'm excited with the time but I know it's one of the easeir ones to do. Last year I got 10:36 at the W101 so I'm looking to break 10 there this year. If I can get than done I'll be really happy. Planning on the Mohican and Shenandoah as well. We'll have to meet up and chill at the races.

Oh and you're right with the nutrition and hydration. I try to eat as often as I can and drink as often as well. I'll go through quite a bit although I've never had to stop and take a leak yet. Maybe I'm just efficient...lol. Camelback is the way to go. I don't think I'd drink enough if I didn't have one.

Top Bottom