Mods; Regrets, Mistakes, Why Did I? Duh!

BonsaiMTB

I regret snapping my Cove Handjob Frame in half. Loved that bike...complete even keel feel and handeling...very sweet. I loved even more than my full FS I have today. If for some reason I go back to a hardtail..I'll be purchasing a Cove HJ once again.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Let's see ...

:):

Building my Misfit
Buying a carbon fork as a "stop gap" when my White Bros. had to be rebuilt (that was two years ago and the rigid is still on there)
29 inch wheels
Saddle bags that don't open on their own

:(:

Being too small for a frame with multiple bottle mounts
Camelbaks
Initially converting my Trek OCLV to a SS instead of just building a purpose-built SS
Crank Bros pedals (the body separates from the spindle too easily)
ENO hubs
ENO hubs
ENO hubs

:mad::

ENO hubs

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Bad: What was I thinking racing DH at Plattekill like this BITD:
182329_4366441094267_1278795410_n.jpg

Azonic DS-1 hardtail
Dirt Jumper III Fork
Rim Brakes
No Armor (at least I had shinguards and a fullface)
XC jersey

Good: It led to a few of these:
392975_4366458534703_279280232_n.jpg

steverod23

i had a 2002 f/s stumpjumper. i'm pretty sure it was a 2002. either way, i swapped out the stock rear link for a BETD link to give it some extra travel (with a new fancy-pants shock) and then picked up a longer travel all mountain fork to offset the extra travel in the back.

i sold it short after screwing with it. it was really plush after the mods which felt cool at first, but it was like a pogo stick. the mods put my BB super high and made it a real endo-prone bike. i'll never mod a bike like that again. i'll buy an all mountain bike vs try to make an x/c bike into one. sold it to someone in CO and he loved it, but after a year and a half he asked me if i happened to have the serial number somewhere because it was stolen. boo!

I made the same mods on a 2006 Stumpy with a BETD linkage and longer travel fork. Wish I would have talked to you first.

Frank

Sasquatch
Good: MTB Tubeless

Bad: Road Tubeless *

* edit; Only because they wore way too fast.

Last edited:
Top Bottom