Moab UT - mtb trip 2022

TommyF

Booking a trip to ride "The Whole Anchilada" and more next year. Going to be the last week of April or 1st week in May. Anybody interested in meeting us out there for an amazing mtb adventure? Make plans now, some hotels are booked already through spring next year!! We are going to finalize the booking over the weekend, I will post details here.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have only done W.E. in september, is all the snow melted off burro pass by the end of april?

Still the best ride I have ever done.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
is all the snow melted off burro pass by the end of april?

Doubtful, but I wouldn't let that stop me. Both times I did the Whole Enchilada it was from Hazard County because it was late September/early October and there was already snow up top. I'm sure the climb up from Burro Pass is awesome though :p

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Doubtful, but I wouldn't let that stop me. Both times I did the Whole Enchilada it was from Hazard County because it was late September/early October and there was already snow up top. I'm sure the climb up from Burro Pass is awesome though :p
its nothing special in terms of trail up, but 11,000 feet feels amazing when you're pedaling.

And agreed, I wouldnt not go for burro pass....I just didnt know when all the snow melts off the top of the mountain. That said burro pass down is short, but really sweet.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
its nothing special in terms of trail up, but 11,000 feet feels amazing when you're pedaling.

Yeah, I'll bet. I think we've talked about this, but the first time I drove out through Colorado we hit Loveland Pass, a few hours after flying out to Denver from NJ and getting off the plane. I walked up the 20ish steps to 11,990 feet and couldn't catch my breath for like ten minutes. I legit thought I was going to die.

serviceguy

Yeah, I'll bet. I think we've talked about this, but the first time I drove out through Colorado we hit Loveland Pass, a few hours after flying out to Denver from NJ and getting off the plane. I walked up the 20ish steps to 11,990 feet and couldn't catch my breath for like ten minutes. I legit thought I was going to die.
Those must be some big ass steps!

JediFu

Booking a trip to ride "The Whole Anchilada" and more next year. Going to be the last week of April or 1st week in May. Anybody interested in meeting us out there for an amazing mtb adventure? Make plans now, some hotels are booked already through spring next year!! We are going to finalize the booking over the weekend, I will post details here.
You will definately NOT be able to ride the WE in April. Generally, it is July or August before Burro Pass is open. In April, you will possibly be able to go from Upper Porcupine Singletrack down. Still a great ride. I lived in UT and am happy to make recommendations for you. My avatar is me on LPS.

Top Bottom