Minisink Park

anrothar

entirely thrilled
nothing on the scale of yosemite, but yeah, there are at least two nice waterfalls in the park. and i only saw the ones that run next to established trails. im sure a hike down the two streams might yield more.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
anrothar said:
thats pretty much exactly where everything stands. and that's a very good point about pacing ourselves, and proving our dedication. while the sneaky little trail weasel in me wants to run right over to minisink and start laying out singletrack, imagine our dissapointment if we did that and they decided to turn it into an equestrian park.

it hadn't even crossed my mind that we would need to establish our intentions physically(through trail work via aat) before we really got any autonomy. makes perfect sense though. i was getting a little antsy, but that does kind of quell my neres. or maybe thats the beer that did that.

awesome sean! right on.

yummm beer. same problem on my end.

meantime I'm going to ask around about Minisink and see if I can't get more clear picture of what their intentions are. It could be as simple as dang we're busy, we don't have a plan for it because we don't have time or manpower to do anything with it. Of course I will let ya'll know if I find out anything more.

Last edited:

Spylab

I've ridden back here a few times. Definitely a double-edged sword.

On one hand, there are a few paths which last for a while, and it's almost impossible to get lost here. There are some cool steep downhill spots, though they are very short and one will launch you into a swamp if you are going too quick. It's easy to get to, and at one point you can cross Berkshire Valley road and pick up another trail (after at least 1/2 mile of walking up this steep monstrosity of a hill I gave up the climb) - not sure where it takes you.

On the other hand, the trails that are being focused on all spiderweb into one another somehow. After a couple hours I was starting to get bored, since the overall trail length is not very long for any one run, and no matter what I always seemed to end up joining a previously ridden trail. The "hub" of this trail system is a sand pit with a burnt up VW Bug in the middle. The sand is junk to ride through, and there are trails branching from here that are literally 500 feet long before they loop back to the center.

It was alright fun, but I don't think there was enough to entice me to want to work on building the trails up.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
mike that's the wma. wrong side of berkshire valley road. minisink park is across the street and on the right hand side of minisink. it runs into rte 15, the peaks, and martin view on the other sides. there are no sand pits in minisink park, and there are ALOT more trails.

the trail across berkshire valley that you took, takes you to a rail bed that is the hub for quite a few trails that will take you out to minisink, gordon rd, howard blvd and beyond.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Spylab said:
The "hub" of this trail system is a sand pit with a burnt up VW Bug in the middle.

For whatever reason I like absurd landmarks like this. We need more burned/abandoned cars, trucks, and boats next to our trails.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
normZurawski said:
For whatever reason I like absurd landmarks like this. We need more burned/abandoned cars, trucks, and boats next to our trails.

ride splitrock and you can name all of them that myself or the other rifle toting rednecks haven't.

Top Bottom