Middle aged, new to mountain biking - Freehold Area

Anthony_M

Hey Guys,

I'm new to mountain biking and looking to find a group in the Freehold area that wouldn't mind a new rider tagging along. I am about 15 minutes from Allaire State Park, so I will spending a lot of time there and surrounding trails. Hit me up if you are cool with a beginner rider in the group. Thanks.

Anthony

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Welcome Anthony!

Springtime means the Tuesday Night Allaire Beginner Friendly rides will start. Usually mid-April if I recall.
You'll meet some good people that will help with finding your way around the park, and improve your riding skills.
Watch here for the announcement!

Last edited:

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome. Allaire is an easy place for beginner mtbers. Check out the Tuesday beginner ride when they start up in the spring.
@Mitch is usually there on wknds if you need a tour.

Anthony_M

Thanks for all the info so far. This is exactly the type of info I was seeking. Hopefully I can build up some skills quickly and be able to join you guys at some point.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Welcome:)

Allaire is a most excellent park to break into the sport with. The more you share with the group about what/when you ride, what you enjoy, what you find challenging and where you are fitness wise... the better we’ll be able to help.

GreenMachine

Hey Guys,

I'm new to mountain biking and looking to find a group in the Freehold area that wouldn't mind a new rider tagging along. I am about 15 minutes from Allaire State Park, so I will spending a lot of time there and surrounding trails. Hit me up if you are cool with a beginner rider in the group. Thanks.

Anthony
I’m in old bridge - gimmie a shout just hit allaire the weekend .

Allan N

Pretty much new all around. Currently on a Diamondback Recoil 27.5 but been looking to upgrade. I'm pretty set on a Trek Roscoe.
I have a Roscoe I use as a spare when i bring friends out with me, great bike when first starting out. I’m new to biking within the last year as well. allaire is a great place to start nothing too tough there

gpTron

Pretty much new all around. Currently on a Diamondback Recoil 27.5 but been looking to upgrade. I'm pretty set on a Trek Roscoe.
Welcome. I ride a Trek Roscoe and it's a fun bike. Highly recommended. I'm also close to you. I ride Clayton, Mercer, and Allaire the most. Have fun!

thegock

Hey Guys,

Anthony

U can bring the bike to High Bridge 9am Saturday and slay the Columbia Trail.

IMG_20200118_124843-02.jpeg

Anthony_M

Just picked up my new bike.... ended up with a Cannondale Habit 4. I couldn't pass up the deal I got at Brielle Cyclery. Awesome place with great customer service.

Now I just need to work on my skills and endurance, hopefully I will be able to join some of you guys by years end. Thanks again for all the advice.

thegock

Just picked up my new bike.... ended up with a Cannondale Habit 4. I couldn't pass up the deal I got at Brielle Cyclery. Awesome place with great customer service.

Now I just need to work on my skills and endurance, hopefully I will be able to join some of you guys by years end. Thanks again for all the advice.

Picture, please

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
BTW what's middle age? We have members here in the teens to real old like over 65.

Get out and ride!!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser

No need to wait to join rides.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
BTW what's middle age? We have members here in the teens to real old like over 65.

Get out and ride!!
For anyone born in the United States in 2017, life expectancy is 78.6 years, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

So 39.3yo

Top Bottom