Mid Atlantic Super Series

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I did 2 of these last year and liked both of the courses. Problem is that they're so far away!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey why don't you go ride outside, wise guy! :)

They really range in location, from south NJ to Harrisburg and Pittsburgh area to DE and MD. Nobody is local to all those races. But they sure do draw in some talent, I'll say that.

xc62701

Hey why don't you go ride outside, wise guy! :)

They really range in location, from south NJ to Harrisburg and Pittsburgh area to DE and MD. Nobody is local to all those races. But they sure do draw in some talent, I'll say that.

I will as soon as 8th period ends...sheesh. Yea they are all over and from what I hear great races. I'll be attempting to attend some. I can only vouge for the 4th of July weekend at Marysville, which absolutely rocked. I did all 4 events and was spent. It was a great time and an awesome vibe racin and campin all weekend...

BiknBen

Anyone want to put these things into the calendar? Make them all link to this:
http://www.masuperseries.com/MASS2008/schedule08.html

I'll add these to the calendar this evening.

I've done some of these events in the past. The turnout and competition is slightly higher than you would see at a H2H event. I'll never forget getting smoked by Katie Kompton in Glouchester, NJ.

Keep in mind that they've been doing this series for many years. Many of those event dates are for specific types of events too. There may be twenty dates but only 10 or so are XC. Some are marathon or team events.

ArmyOfNone

Just check out the schedule...looking to def do the fair hill races....I love that place! Glouster and possibly Iron Hill. Woohoo 2008!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
And didnt you flat your ass of in those races! :( Cursed tubes

Cramps and flats, pick your race.

Granogue was a cool course, not far for your southern folk (Fred, Chris, Ben, Bill). Not worth bending over backwards to make it but cool enough.

ryderX

I did a bunch of these races are they all rocked. It was a bit weird though every time I "map quested" directions to a race it would come back with a 2hr and 13 minute travel time, no matter where it was. The best race of the series IMHO was the Tour 'd'tykes in Danville PA. It was basically 1 giant loop of 15 +miles witha an add on to make a 22 mile lap.
My only criticism is the bizarre/confusing series scoring system.Check it out:
http://www.masuperseries.com/MASS2008/scoring.html

scalpel6

The series puts on 12 races and count 7 toward the series title. The last race counts twice. :getsome: They also put on a stage race that counts as 1race.

Doesn't seem that bad

ryderX

I got the part about the 12 races and 7 counting towards the overall finish. The 1 race counting as 2 is a bit different and a 3 day stage race counting as 1 race towrds a xc title seems unusual. Either way they have some awesome courses to race and most of them are well worth the trip.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You guys should see the hysterics that goes on with the MASS mailing list. You thought this crowd was pissy with results posted late and the like. They get in week long arguments about mandatory number placement and writing on calves and whether or not you should even be allowed to not show your calf.

Top Bottom