Michaux Mash, Sunday March 15, 2009

kush

Who's doing the Michaux Mash?

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=7562

Highlights
  • Sunday March 15th at 9am
  • There is ALOT of climbing on this course. There is enough really good single track to even out the course and make for an awesome mix and a great race course.
  • Come out to get in your preseason climbing and hours in, while having alot of fun on a great course while "racing" your friends. Carpool on out and bring a bunch of people to make it even more exciting.
  • All races will race for 4 hours.
  • Create your own race number! Not only will there be an inrace competition, but you have another chance to win. Whoever makes the best, custom number plate will be deemed "Supreme Race Number Maker".
  • No awards will be given, but costumes are encouraged. Remember it'll be fun. It's supposed to be fun, it's March!!!!

More from their blog -

What you are getting for your money:
-Four hours of awesome racing!
-Very unique event awards!(you won't want to miss them)
-Custom event pint glasses
-Full fuel support
-shwag bag
-a very scrumptuous post race meal!
-friends and fun!
-The chance to become the supreme "Michaux Masher"!

Event support will include:
-Standard endurance foods like cookies, fig newtons, banannas, pretzels, etc
-Hammer Nutrition perpetuem
-Nutrition bars
-Hammer Gel
-Basic Technical support

(Mike, hope you heal fast man, looking forward to this)

Come on out peeps :getsome:

Last edited:

xc62701

I was planning on this but my sinus infection set me back in my training. If anyone has the chance to attend do it! I've been wanting to ride there ever since I've heard of Michaux.

MATT9er

I'm itching to race and go to carlisle for car shows, not a bad ride.
If Wx is reasonable (I'm not doing 4 Hrs. in the rain) I'd definately consider this race. Sounds like simple fun, no pressure just ride and see if I can do 4 hrs.

VanDbtRiver

fo sho, I'll be ready to roll. I will be crafting by # plate this week. hopefully there will be some windows of opportunity to ride before then.:getsome:

xc62701

If Wx is reasonable (I'm not doing 4 Hrs. in the rain) I'd definately consider this race. Sounds like simple fun, no pressure just ride and see if I can do 4 hrs.

You can do 4 hours...do it!

kush

You can do 4 hours...do it!

Hey, you both need to go. Who's gonna represent the North? You got better stuff to do?? :getsome:

xc62701

Hey, you both need to go. Who's gonna represent the North? You got better stuff to do?? :getsome:

Yea I've gotta wax my mailbox :rolleyes: I've got my eyes on the bigger goals for now. I'll be getting some solid training in. I'm come out to play alot this season. Don't you worry :D

xc62701

See that's the thing. That's not wise training(At least that's what they tell me). I'm not at the point where I can go at threshold or above without causing some ill effects in my training. I'm getting there though. I really want to just do whatever but I'm trying to be smart and actually do what I pay the coach for. I'm thinking my first race(s) will be the Augusta Training Series and I'll start to ramp it up from there.

I know I'm a party pooper...:cry:

Glancing Aft

Woot! It's going to be a fun time for sure! Michaux is a great place to ride and it will definitely be cool to do a lap based race there. This latest storm ended up being mostly to the east of Michaux so they probably only got about 3". Looking at the long term forecast it should all be melted by then anyway.
See you all out there, it should be fun, and we can talk smack about what a whiner Ryan is. Maybe my number plate will incorporate that somehow :hmmm:

For those that can't make it to this race there's also the Michaux Endurance series that has Three 50 mile races during the year and MASS will have their first race (I believe ever) there on July 5th (conveniently my birthday :D )

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'm not at the point where I can go at threshold or above without causing some ill effects in my training. I'm getting there though. I really want to just do whatever but I'm trying to be smart and actually do what I pay the coach for.

I understand about wanting to go hard but doing what your coach tells you, believe me I do!! On the flip-side of that, a 4-hour endurance MTB race is going to end up being well under threshold, as you'd expect it to be being that the word "threshold" decribes a 60-minute effort. So I don't feel it would be any different than my standard long road rides I'd do on a Sunday anyways:hmmm:

-Jim.

MATT9er

Yea! what he said Ryan!
Enough talk I'll pick you up early
we'll sort out the details on the drive out
Should we say 4:00ish
I think I got a good book on thresholds

Top Bottom