Michaux Mash, Sunday March 15, 2009

How much does it suck that if you had finished just 35 seconds later on lap 4 you could have been done and finished in the same place. 5:20 of racing is a friggin long time when you plan for 4 hours. :drooling: Good job!

That is one thing I considered when I chose not to go. 4 hours is the minimum time to finish the race.

I'm pretty happy with the results, even though it sounds damn slow. The only excuse I have (beyond being not as good a shape as I thought), is losing 20-30 mins because of cramps. I couldn't hammer, especially on the fire-roads post downhill when muscles contract. And it is right after that you go into the 2 mile climb :confused:. My heart-rate didn't go above 150 in last two laps, and averaged 140.

Flecknoe and Mike tried to give me magic pills, but no, I had to go for the Camelback tablets. Moron.

Here's the loops.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2562962

I was among the trek group when we first started and I endoed in trying to bunny hop chris beck

Chris flatted last year at Fair Hills and I got to "draft" him for a lap before he decided to drop me:rofl: Some team mate:rolleyes:

Good job guys, sounds like it was, uh, fun?

-Jim.

I think that was my Jet9 that you wanted :) You were riding the Air9 right? You were rockin' it!

-matt

Yup, it was me! Anytime you want to do a frame swap let me know :p I thought I was happy with a HT but that race made me think otherwise, my back is still hurting...

Anyone know if any of the pictures from the race have been posted yet?

Yup, it was me! Anytime you want to do a frame swap let me know :p I thought I was happy with a HT but that race made me think otherwise, my back is still hurting...

Wah wah wah these rocks hurt my back...lol. :cry:

Last edited:
Wow, a forty or fifty mile loop would be sick!

Since I have no life, the below picture is all three of the 50 mile races on one map. The little overlapping loop you see in the middle is what we did this past weekend. All of endurance races have shorter variants as well. Micxhaux is simply huge beyond belief and the riding possibilities are endless. This comes as a double edge sword though, since the area is so big, and has a relatively low population the trails aren't well developed. You'll find yourself riding on a lot of dirt bike and fire road trails.

michaux.jpg

Somebody needs to loose weight,
493926661_GhioQ-L.jpg

Nah...You are just belly-breathing. It an actual technique used by pros to get more air into their lungs with each breath. They push their diaphragm so low that it makes their belly stick out. Photographer always seem to catch the pros doing this each spring and cause an uproar by suggesting that a rider has been hitting the buffets during the off-season. Looks like they got you too. :rolleyes:

Remember to Belly-Breathe. :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaphragmatic_breathing

Last edited:

Don't worry, mine was hurting too. I'm not sure the Jet is the answer. I rode my HT Cannondale 29'er yesterday for 5 hours on similar trails to Michaux - my back is nearly as sore. On one my normal loops I was a minute and a half faster on the HT than the Jet with a little lower heart rate.

-matt
www.mattmorr.blogspot.com

Back
Top Bottom