Michaux Mash, Sunday March 15, 2009

Glad to see others are going, me, my wife ,and my cousin will be there also. I love the Micheaux races.

Super hilly??

All I have at this point is a SS 29er.

Will 34 x 21 do make it do-able without being too easy on the flatter sections??

From the looks of the map, it seems like there's more hills and singletrack than fireroads, so whatever you run for that stuff? If only someone would invent some kind of cog and tensioner system that could be activated from the handlebars to allow on-the-go gear ratio changes. That person would be rich:hmmm:

-Jim.

From the looks of the map, it seems like there's more hills and singletrack than fireroads, so whatever you run for that stuff? If only someone would invent some kind of cog and tensioner system that could be activated from the handlebars to allow on-the-go gear ratio changes. That person would be rich:hmmm:

-Jim.

Jokes. Oh, I get jokes. :drooling: (I think my sarcasm meter just exploded!)

I hope some of you are still making it out tomorrow! Say hi if you do! The weather's looking a little questionable but I'm hoping for the best!

Alyssa and I finished our custom number plates tonight, the race is on!
mash.jpg

This race was awesome and worth the 2.5 hr commute. Brutal course that consisted of demoralizing climbs and baby head boulder laiden singletrack. The descents were sweet. The crew put together a well organized event. Troegs hop back amber, chili, kettle cooked fries, and burgers awaited the racers at the finish. Kush had his custom race plate confiscated in the end:p Great way to start the season! There were also a couple of pros there including Eatough, who made everything look effortless. Great experience!

Damn, I wish we could have met, I'm sure I saw you out there...

Great race overall and by far the best course I've raced at at Michaux (actually a bit easier/more rideable then some of the others.) The downhill on todays course was amazing, but it was immediately followed by a 2 mile 1,000 ft climb that just killed by the end.
I finished 4 laps (36 miles +/-) in 4:59:52 which I was very happy with considering the lack of training I've had going into this season and that it's only March 15th.

PS, this race really made me want a JET 9...

Damn, I wish we could have met, I'm sure I saw you out there...

Great race overall and by far the best course I've raced at at Michaux (actually a bit easier/more rideable then some of the others.) The downhill on todays course was amazing, but it was immediately followed by a 2 mile 1,000 ft climb that just killed by the end.
I finished 4 laps (36 miles +/-) in 4:59:52 which I was very happy with considering the lack of training I've had going into this season and that it's only March 15th.

PS, this race really made me want a JET 9...

WTF I thought it was a 4 hour race? :D

I did 4 laps in 5:20, which was decent considering the cramps, despite electrolytes. The 2 mile climb was :drooling:. The downhill was yeaahhhaw. Toughest thing I've done in my short career.

An awe-inspiring group of riders. Eatough, Beck, some others. Swag could've been better. And yes, some kids swiped my number plate. Good times.

Congratulations. That's an insane time.

Thanks. I was among the trek group when we first started and I endoed in trying to bunny hop chris beck flew over without a problem. I lost my watch . I was cehcking if my teeth and eyes were intact. That shook me bad. I pulled myself together pretty quick.

Back
Top Bottom