Michaux - Curse of Dark Hollow

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Usedto do the moto races in michaux forest. Absolutley awesome terrain and sights........

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I'm elected electric spy....I'm protected electric eye
Protected... detective.... electric eye

Sorry, I couldn't help it after I saw hardtale's sig :getsome:

:topic:

xc62701

Dood I've heard that's SERIOUS terrain. Get ready for a battle! I've been wanting to try one of the Michaux races SOOOOOO badly. I'll probably be up at the nats or resting that weekend though. I think I'm going to try and be at the Terror of Teaberry 9/14.

Glancing Aft

Dood I've heard that's SERIOUS terrain. Get ready for a battle! I've been wanting to try one of the Michaux races SOOOOOO badly. I'll probably be up at the nats or resting that weekend though. I think I'm going to try and be at the Terror of Teaberry 9/14.

If you end up doing Terror let me know cause I've got that one on my calander too. Alyssa's been getting some beta from guys out in the area and it's sounding like a rough course! as you said, SERIOUS terrain...

xc62701

Yup...I've heard it's nasty, lots of climbing, unbelieveably techy, and lots o fun. I can't wait to get there. I'm tentatively putting Terror on my race calendar.

Glancing Aft

you're doin the 50? I may have to check this race out, sounds like a lot of punishment.

hehehehe, I purposely left that part out. ;) I registered for the 25. If all goes well I'll do the 50 for the next race in the series. But still the 25 should have about 5,000 feet of climbing in it. It's going to be no walk in the park.

VanDbtRiver

hehehehe, I purposely left that part out. ;) I registered for the 25. If all goes well I'll do the 50 for the next race in the series. But still the 25 should have about 5,000 feet of climbing in it. It's going to be no walk in the park.

no shame in it , it makes it easier for me to reg for 25 now. The only thing is, it is a hell of a commute, i feel like i should race the 50, i've never mtb'ed over 30 though.

rayder

michaux is awesome

can't do this one because I'm getting married the night before but have raced there previous years in sport class never the 50. I think 50 there would be like 100 at stewart where i do the 40 every year. but I riterate michaux is awesome terrain scenery everything.

T

trials_N_Error

Dark Hollow

I see that it is listed as an endurance race. Whats the difference between a endurance and regular XC? My wife and I are thinking of racing the 10 mile but all I see is age categories and no classes. Does that mean that I could potentially be riding against experts or semi pro?

BTW...How is the terrain at Dark Hollow?

Glancing Aft

Instead of having classes for an endurance race like this they just break it up by distance so it would be the equivalent of the following:
Beginner: 10 miles
Sport: 25 miles
Expert: 50 miles

Not too much difference between this and a regular xc race except you're doing one large loop. If you're driving all the way out there I'd atleast say rock the 25 miles! (although I gueses it's not too far of a drive for you) I've never done this race before but from what I gather it is very hilly. They posted this on their site the other day,
"The 50’s and 25’s are in for a real treat. We have been able to link up with about 6 more miles of the sweetest single tract that helps to elimate the dreaded dirt road. The way I figure it, the 25’s have maybe 3 miles of dirt road and the 50’s have maybe 4.5 to 5 miles of dirt road which includes about a mile for the start."

Here are topo maps to the different race courses,
http://gettysburgbmx.com/michaux/?page_id=35

Last edited:

NJMX835

I'm elected electric spy....I'm protected electric eye
Protected... detective.... electric eye

Sorry, I couldn't help it after I saw hardtale's sig :getsome:

:topic:

August 6th, Priest, Sabbath & Motorhead, can't friggin' wait!

T

trials_N_Error

Yeah, this race is not far from me... I think maybe an hour? I'm still new to the whole XC scene and still haven't even gone 25 miles on a regular laid back ride yet, never mind a 25 mile race!

I mean...I'd be willing to ride a 25 mile ride, but I usually do not ride with anyone that is willing to go that far with me.

Regarding my original post - I'm still kinda thinking that advanced riders will most likely enter the 10 mile race, which really sucks for people that are actually just starting out with XC. I guess you can find sand baggers pretty much at any race though if it is XC or endurance.

I really think there should be a limit to how many years people are allowed to race beginner or any class (except pro) for that matter, especially if they are consistently finishing in the top of their class.

Glancing Aft - Congrats to you and your future wife! I suppose that getting married would be an "ok" reason to miss a race as long as you don't make a habit of it! lol

My wife and I will be married 15 years in September. Time flies! (When you're having fun:drooling: lol)

Top Bottom