Metal detector rental

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I got 1 of these for the days I'll be riding or working outside so I don't lose the good 1 or injure myself.

i went through a phase where i wore one of these daily for just that reason, now since pandemic has had me at home so much i havent been wearing any ring most of the time, put it (actual ring) on when we go out someplace 'nice' just to keep the wife happy.

JDurk

i went through a phase where i wore one of these daily for just that reason, now since pandemic has had me at home so much i havent been wearing any ring most of the time, put it (actual ring) on when we go out someplace 'nice' just to keep the wife happy.
Everyday is a tungsten carbide ring. Can feel it when I ride and really feel it when say splitting firewood. I think someone would notice if I wasn't wearing something.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Everyday is a tungsten carbide ring. Can feel it when I ride and really feel it when say splitting firewood. I think someone would notice if I wasn't wearing something.

i dont wear any jewelry when riding (no rings, no watches ect) for that very reason, anything where grip is needed i can feel it. when working on pretty much anything i take it off, dont need it getting torn off. Fortunately for me, the wife doesnt say anything about it except when we go out (think weddings/parties ect)

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I also have a wedding ring at the bottom of a lake somewhere. Replaced it with a $30 one haha.
Does she know? Lol.

I got a silicone one free with my real one. I'm sure there's better ones out there. The one I got has square edges and is actually less comfortable. Wore it a few times woodworking so I don't scratch up freshly sprayed panels. Real one is a comfort fit damascus. Pretty sweet, but $$$. Swam in Aruba with my finger bent so it didn't fall off. In the future, take it off or use the silicone one as a stopper.

iman29

I still have the original one and never had an alternate one since our wedding in '95. I used to wear mine every day when i had an in person office job. barely wear it any more only when we go out too. never wore it when riding, yard work or especially when swimming.

During my get healthy period years ago where I dropped a lot of weight (+50 lbs) one day I was driving home from work and it was a halfway decent day out. Had the drivers window part way open. I went to make a right hand turn and in normal fashion I drive with my left hand, so I swing the wheel around open hand palm style and the ring flies off my finger hits the closed part of the drivers window and ends up in my lap.

shortly after that i took it to get sized down but that could have been a disaster since I would have totally stopped the car in the middle of the road to try and find it.

qclabrat

Does she know? Lol.

I got a silicone one free with my real one. I'm sure there's better ones out there. The one I got has square edges and is actually less comfortable. Wore it a few times woodworking so I don't scratch up freshly sprayed panels. Real one is a comfort fit damascus. Pretty sweet, but $$$. Swam in Aruba with my finger bent so it didn't fall off. In the future, take it off or use the silicone one as a stopper.
Hey I didn't send a congrats your way. Good work marrying up my friend!

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I still have the original one and never had an alternate one since our wedding in '95. I used to wear mine every day when i had an in person office job. barely wear it any more only when we go out too. never wore it when riding, yard work or especially when swimming.

During my get healthy period years ago where I dropped a lot of weight (+50 lbs) one day I was driving home from work and it was a halfway decent day out. Had the drivers window part way open. I went to make a right hand turn and in normal fashion I drive with my left hand, so I swing the wheel around open hand palm style and the ring flies off my finger hits the closed part of the drivers window and ends up in my lap.

shortly after that i took it to get sized down but that could have been a disaster since I would have totally stopped the car in the middle of the road to try and find it.

Reminded me of our last trip to Aruba. We were sitting in a restaurant and my son suddenly jumps. Says something just landed in his lap. Looks down and there's a wedding ring in his napkin. I look around and say "it must be his." Cause there is guy sitting two tables away with his head spinning in every direction. Obviously looking for something. My son walks over and asks the guy if he lost something. The guy was sitting there with his family just trying to pull it off since his fingers were swollen. Shot it across the restaurant and had no idea which direction it went.

JDurk

None of you are afraid of degloving?
I am, that's the reason I got the silicone ring for working around the house and riding. Little risk of it happening while using this keyboard and mouse at work 40hrs/week is when I wear the metal ring.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I also work around 480VAC. I take my watch off at work also...

at 17yo, i had a "What's that smell?" moment while working on my car.
Well, it was burning flesh, and i enjoyed pulling my watch band out of my skin.

Last edited:

jklett

None of you are afraid of degloving?
Exactly why I don't wear one. When I first got married I was at work and felt a pull while working on the lathe, only minor cutting where it dug in on the top side of my finger. Put the ring in my pocket and only wear it to weddings and funerals now.

Top Bottom