Metal detector rental

qclabrat

Does anyone know where to rent one? Lost my wedding ring yesterday while doing yard work. I felt it sliding off, but couldn't find it immediately afterwards, so know the general location.

Zaskar

Not sure on rentals but maybe a local "treasure hunter"?

Lost my ring at a lake in Vermont.. swam around for an hour looking for it with no luck. Wife mentions it to the camp staff and they tell her about Harry Underhill a local treasure hunter. Harry shows up and finds it in a hour.

Good luck!

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Since it’s not buried underground you could probably get away with a cheap one off Amazon.

I just bought one but had it shipped to my moms 200 miles away. The property had a 1600s settlement on it (that mysteriously disappeared) and I don’t think anyone’s gone over it with a detector, so I figured I’d give it a shot.

qclabrat

Since it’s not buried underground you could probably get away with a cheap one off Amazon.

I just bought one but had it shipped to my moms 200 miles away. The property had a 1600s settlement on it (that mysteriously disappeared) and I don’t think anyone’s gone over it with a detector, so I figured I’d give it a shot.
Which one did you get?

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have one.....in South Carolina.

I also have a wedding ring at the bottom of a lake somewhere. Replaced it with a $30 one haha.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Which one did you get?
I got a Garrett at pro, but I wanted something to detect deep in the ground.

I lost my wedding ride in oneanta creek in Oregon, but didn’t realize it til later. I switched to silicone safety rings because I’m accident prone.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I tried it for about a year with various silicone versions but preferred metal
Agree about silicone. Didn’t feel right. Current ring is Tungsten I believe. Anywho, good luck. I was pretty sick when mine came off, but it wasn’t worth renting scuba gear.

MMuller

Hmm, what were you doing when you lost? "Walking the dog". Ha! Our favorite series, 3 seasons of the Detectorists.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lost mine in Awosting Lake in Minnewaska.
Fortunately the water is crystal clear, could basically get a visual through 12' of H2O.
Since then I try to remember to take it off when I'm swimming or on a business trip.

MMuller

Young, early 20s. Me and girlfriend in FL. Walk out long, closed, falling apart pier. Dive in 20' of water. Fun kid stuff. Walk all the way back to car. Realize, as sun is setting, keys to car and hotel were in my shorts. Run like the dickens, get out to the place I thought I dove in from way out on this rickety pier. Get to the bottom desperately searching around. Last gasp of air, turn to head to surface. Tiniest reflection catches my eye. Blindly grab and bingo....the keys. Nothing short of a miracle. Good times......

serviceguy

Since then I try to remember to take it off when I'm swimming or on a business trip.
Just put 10 or 20lbs on, problem solved!

Also, is 'business trip' a code word for activities that require you to hide your marital status? Asking for a friend.

ekuhn

Young, early 20s. Me and girlfriend in FL. Walk out long, closed, falling apart pier. Dive in 20' of water. Fun kid stuff. Walk all the way back to car. Realize, as sun is setting, keys to car and hotel were in my shorts. Run like the dickens, get out to the place I thought I dove in from way out on this rickety pier. Get to the bottom desperately searching around. Last gasp of air, turn to head to surface. Tiniest reflection catches my eye. Blindly grab and bingo....the keys. Nothing short of a miracle. Good times......
Need to get one of those magnet fishing kits. See what else you can locate.

qclabrat

Ez-pezy, 10 second sweep where I thought it came off. $31 and 4 hr cumulative drives back n forth twice to Ridgewood. If I didn't know roughly where the ring was, the detector would have been useless as it was picking up the iron off the basaltic rock all under my lawn. Going to find a white gold ring to wear on most days.
PXL_20210430_225744417.jpg

JDurk

I got 1 of these for the days I'll be riding or working outside so I don't lose the good 1 or injure myself.

Top Bottom