Message to the Lime Green Shirts

mwlikesbikes

Crazy Glue the mailbox shut!!!!

But seriously, you know where she lives. What she did is vehicular assault i beleive. Get her plate # and report it to the police. Too many drivers don't see us by accident for some piece of scum to do that on purpouse is criminal and I don't think she should get away with this.
The other day an 18 year old kid on my street got hit on a bike by a lady that ran a red light. She at least had the sense to stop and call 911. The kid went to the hospital but is going to be ok. That's why when I'm on the road I keep aware of all the maniacs around me.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
There's all kinds of craziness out there, every ride on the road involves some type of near-death experience, whether it's a car pulling out in front of you or some guy almost taking you out in the paceline, it's not worth getting upset over...I could clog the MTBNJ server if I posted every time I saw someone do something stupid in the 16,000 miles I logged last year;)

-Jim.

I agree here. Next time i see a car on the road Ill stop, pull over, get off the bike and let you pass.

Ok here are my thoughts on the issue. If you are on a road and the other side of the road is clear, why not just pass them? We all speed, talk on our phones while driving and break all other various MV laws. Please dont tell me you are having stress over crossing a double yellow line.

I know I am late to this party. Sorry if my post is repetitive or non-sequitir.

Probably b/c its Fresh Ponds Road - if you don't know it, let me paint a little picture: a tight, windy, not too-well-maintained road that connects Milltown and East Brunswick. Its mostly quiet, tree-lined, 40 mph, no lines painted on it for the most part, barely existent shoulders that crumble into dust along the roadsides, and fairly narrow in places so its difficult to just ride around an obstacle.

The riders in question should have lined up single-file and/or pulled their bikes off the road. It's a narrow strip of pavement in many places and for anyone to feel entitled to take up the entire space when there is no emergency going on (and a flat tire is hardly an emergency), is rude and not a fair use of the right of way on road, IMO.

Last edited:

dirty bert

Banned
There's all kinds of craziness out there, every ride on the road involves some type of near-death experience, whether it's a car pulling out in front of you or some guy almost taking you out in the paceline, it's not worth getting upset over...I could clog the MTBNJ server if I posted every time I saw someone do something stupid in the 16,000 miles I logged last year;)

-Jim.

dude, what a way to plug that u rode 16k miles, last yr.

all this crazy talk makes it scary to ride on the road. i'll deal with the dirt and fallen trees.

~db

Top Bottom