Mercer County Park Conditions

Rusty

when people get hungry, they get hangry...is this the rainy season equivalent for mountain bikers? name calling over water? oh the humanity.... Rick is an old retired dude, you can't call him a jackass, thats racist (or some shit someone will invent to be offended on behalf of old retired dudes)

The Kalmyk

when people get hungry, they get hangry...is this the rainy season equivalent for mountain bikers? name calling over water? oh the humanity.... Rick is an old retired dude, you can't call him a jackass, thats racist (or some shit someone will invent to be offended on behalf of old retired dudes)

Hopefully you squashed it

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I find this excessive rain offensive.

rick81721

Lothar

Haha it's all just ball busting. Street cred Kev is retaliating for my #sticklegs comment on his Instagram. See you guys on the trails in july... maybe

TAS

Saw the Pic's. I am going to get my waders and see how bad the bridges are.
Maybe try to reposition them before the water recedes too far. Have a bad feeling about the bridge on the red trail loop by east Picnic area....
Pic's to follow

TAS

cyclesick

I believe the correct term is "ageist"

cyclesick

The more grey my hair gets, the more in tune to these highly offensive comments I become. (just a reaction from another cranky old jackass)

TAS

Mick & I attempted to pull the 2nd bridge up onto the bank but were unable to do so. We used a come a long and tried to lever it up the bank.
It's just to heavy and the bank is almost vertical. This bridge is built with telephone poles. Mick is standing where the bridge should be.
We moved it to the bank and anchored it with a rope. If your daring... it is rideable... Ha!
If the water was still high enough it would be a simple matter of pulling it back into place and roping it. We have done that in the past.
The only reason it moved into the creek during high water was that one of the anchor ropes broke!

Oh BTW...I was the guy that went into the water today. Mick used his head and didn't go in...almost... Inside joke you had to have been there!

So we will regroup and figure out something.
We have more T storms coming this weekend, perhaps it will raise the water level so it can be floated back.

The three bridges on the East Picnic red loop are still all in place.

TAS
DSCN1653.JPG

TAS

Displaced bridges are back in place! The double bridge on Blue and the bridge in Van Nest. Mick, Mike, Jim and I, some rock bars, come a long, ropes and assorted tools went out about 10:30. I went in the water...again! Extra manpower and some problem solving time made it easier than anticipated.
The wood planks and higher placement of the come a long plus added leverage of the rock bars allowed the bridge to slide up onto the bank. The ramps were re installed and a new rope anchor was added. The ramps will be repaired/replaced at a later date. Note the first bridge is missing a ramp, it will be replaced.

The Van Nest bridge had to be dragged out of the drink and then over to it's placement. We will anchor it in the future.

Job well done and we all got brand spank'n new (clean too!) JORBA hats from Mick.

TAS

Attachments

• DSCN1654.JPG
    DSCN1654.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN1657.JPG
    DSCN1657.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCN1660.JPG
    DSCN1660.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 140

-YETI-

I rode yesterday morning before the rain and most of it was dry. The north side of the blue trail (by Conover) was soaked though.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions