Mercer County Park Conditions

Muddy, where did you go? There were a couple soft spots, but nothing that kicked up mud.

Here is the ride I did. It wasn't completely muddy but certainly damp. The big hill near the damn was pretty soaked so I had to avoid that.
11afgqw.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
Answered my own question - primo pretty much everywhere except north blue - didn't venture that far but surely blows. Only issue were sections of trail around the lake and creek on the west side were flooded.

viper8315

Answered my own question - primo pretty much everywhere except north blue - didn't venture that far but surely blows. Only issue were sections of trail around the lake and creek on the west side were flooded.
Yea, holy flooding Batman! It was an impressive sight seeing that much water. I guess they had to open up the gates to keep the lake level in check. Going to be a while I imagine before the western trails are ride-able. Well, at least the other parts of the park seem to be in OK shape.
IMG_20170403_183852976.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Yea, holy flooding Batman! It was an impressive sight seeing that much water. I guess they had to open up the gates to keep the lake level in check. Going to be a while I imagine before the western trails are ride-able. Well, at least the other parts of the park seem to be in OK shape.
View attachment 50274
Ouch, haven't seen it like that.

viper8315

Ouch, haven't seen it like that.
Yea, its the highest I've seen it in a long time. I turned around at that point, the picture doesn't do that "puddle" justice. It was easily deeper than the axles...

Also, someone built a shelter in the van nest section. Almost like they were camping back there. I didn't see much trash, so they couldn't have stayed there long. I'll try to get a pic of it next time.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Yea, its the highest I've seen it in a long time. I turned around at that point, the picture doesn't do that "puddle" justice. It was easily deeper than the axles...

Also, someone built a shelter in the van nest section. Almost like they were camping back there. I didn't see much trash, so they couldn't have stayed there long. I'll try to get a pic of it next time.
I have been watching that shelter, wish someone would bring the stuffed animal amphitheater.

TAS

You want to see high water in Van Nest? ....Wait until Fri- Sat. The river is predicted to be at a minor flood stage of 8.2 feet @ Trenton.
On Blue North, other than the South Post road entry point (swampy) to Conover road, the rest should be fine. There was also flooding on the Blue trail along the lake side. BONUS!! The peepers and frogs are in full song!!! I rode on Sunday and it was so nice to hear them. Saw a box turtle in Van Nest and a garter snake on the double bridge. Spring is Here!!!

zmodica

Well..I parked off of Edinburgh so I could do the whole park as an out and back..The blue trails are moist and some are flooded over..Avoid them. The closer you get to the water the floodier it was. The I got near marina and got a flat. My seat pack with my tubes etc is at home in my garage so I had a nice walk with my bike back to the car and have no info on the rest of the park, sorry

Attachments

• 53B7064047929446D2B0BF3B692DAA2B.jpg
    53B7064047929446D2B0BF3B692DAA2B.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 135
Well..I parked off of Edinburgh so I could do the whole park as an out and back..The blue trails are moist and some are flooded over..Avoid them. The closer you get to the water the floodier it was. The I got near marina and got a flat. My seat pack with my tubes etc is at home in my garage so I had a nice walk with my bike back to the car and have no info on the rest of the park, sorry

Damn, I'm staying home then.

TAS

Your pic looks like the red loop east of the east picnic area.. That will certainly be wet-swampy for some time. The blue trail along the lake is also under water here and there as the lake will continue to rise. The orange trail in Van Nest along the river below the dam will also be flooded in sections. It will be probably be mid next week until the water recedes. The middle section of the park should be OK once it stops raining!

cyclesick

Hello Mudder
Hello Fadder
Here we are at
Camp Granada
Camp is very
Entertaining
And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining

Last edited:

zmodica

Yeah.me too lol (road the white trail at Pakim Pond in the pine Barrens this morning..Nothing special but it was dry and packed

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions